FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey gang.
Yesterday I purchased a 2007 FJR with 21k miles. I absolutely love this bike. I went from a 250 cc scooter to the FJR. Yep, just a slight difference in horsepower and weight.

As a new FJR owner, what should I expect?

Btw, I was told Black Cherry IS the fastest color.
:cool:, expect a lot of power. Take your time getting to understand that power.

·
Registered
FJR1300A 2008
1,993 Posts
So this is what is listed for my FJR:
View attachment 85369

I don't see a recall for the CCT. Was this a recall or just something discovered later that should be completed?
Racoonguy,

Maybe the CCT should be a recall, but it is not. All of those recalls are free factory maintenance. Contact your local dealer(s) to get things done.
CCT location:
drive train noises

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
10,628 Posts
I believe the sub-harness and wire harness were the ground spider recall.... usually the sub-harness is done, not necessarily the main wiring harness unless a spider melted...... if you're asking the mothership or a dealer, ask what the sub-harness was? I'm not sure why it's not ticked off as completed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
As you noted in your original post, this bike is a bit on the heavy side. That is hardly noticeable while rolling, but you can expect that the bike may try to get away from you at slow speeds and even while standing still.

Expect to get a helmet, boots, gloves, jacket, and pants with at least minimal protection. All The Gear All The Time (ATGAT)

Expect to practice U-Turns and other low-speed maneuvers in parking lots. Or better yet, to go take a riding class. It will pay off.

Expect to invest in Frame Sliders & Luggage Guards. After a simple tip over while standing still, I bought a set from T-Rex Racing Inc. I had been thinking about them for a while and should have bought them sooner. I could have saved the cost of replacing a mirror and a side bag. Statistically, you are more likely to drop your bike standing still or barely moving than having any other incident. Don't roll the dice on this!

Expect that the FJR ain't no scooter.
Expect to give the FJR serious respect. If you give it respect, the FJR will give you love in ways you can't imagine until you experience the many amazing things the FJR can do.

With great power comes great responsibility.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts