FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody of you down under know the area of Whangaparaoa, north of Auckland in New Zealand?

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
What do you want to know about Whangaparaoa?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One of my familie members is living there with his wife and three children.
He is working as a manager in a hotel/restaurant in Auckland.
If one of you do live in the same neighbourhood it would be nice if you would John bring me greetings.
Would be a big surprise for him...

:D

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Toon, we have very good friends living in the northern suburbs of Auckland, probably less an hours drive from Whangaparaoa. I will possibly be visiting them in the first 3 months of next year, but for now, if you send me a Private Message with their address and details, I will probably be able to arrange that my friends can deliver a Christmas gift (Wine and Cheese or something similar) in the next 3 or 4 weeks. My friends are ex-South African, so they will even be able to greet John in Afrikaans, which can be understood by Dutch people generally.

David

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
John lives there for more then ten years now.
So the language is not the problem.
And his wife is a native New Zealander.

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Ek verstaan baie beter as wat ek praat. Maar ek was nooit vreeslik goed met die pratery in any case.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ik versta jullie heel goed.
Volhouden zo!
En proficiat, David, met het bereiken van de wereldkampioenschappen voetbal.
Misschien mede dankzij onze Nederlandse coach: Guus Hiddink!!

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Ja Toon - hier kom ons Aussies, en ons erken die medewerking van jou landsman. Daar is 'n hele klomp Aussies wat baie, baie bly is vanaand.

·
Registered
50 Posts
David, it seems to me that you have not lost any of your afrikaans skills. Congrats on making the WC finals. Now please pray that RSA gets the 2011 Rugby WC. Official announcement 2 morrow nite @ 18h00 SA time.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
david1300 said:
Toon, we have very good friends living in the northern suburbs of Auckland, probably less an hours drive from Whangaparaoa. I will possibly be visiting them in the first 3 months of next year, but for now, if you send me a Private Message with their address and details, I will probably be able to arrange that my friends can deliver a Christmas gift (Wine and Cheese or something similar) in the next 3 or 4 weeks. My friends are ex-South African, so they will even be able to greet John in Afrikaans, which can be understood by Dutch people generally.

David
Did you manage it, David?

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
david1300 said:
Ek verstaan baie beter as wat ek praat. Maar ek was nooit vreeslik goed met die pratery in any case.
Hey,. I think your keyboard is due for servicing. It's typing some really strange letter combinations. :)

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Hi Toon - we have been away and just got back today. Our friends did say they would get a hamper and deliver it before Christmas (this was in early December) with the 'note' from you, but I haven't had confirmation yet. Will let you know as soon as I know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.