FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called the Reno Hilton today (3/29/2006) for the July WFO-5 rally and to my disappointment, they said that all the rooms in the block set aside for the convention were taken. It seems I acted too late. :cry: They currently want $149/night instead of the discounted group rate.

I am considering another hotel as an option. Have any of you stayed at the Peppermill or Atlantis hotels? They are within 1.5 miles of the Hilton and are more economical while still being 4 star hotels.

Warchild, if you're reading this, is there any way you can increase the block size or organize a discounted block at a different hotel? Any help from anybody would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Worldbound4now

·
Registered
12 Posts
@worldbound4now

I've nogotiated a discount group rate at the Siena Hotel and forwarded the contract to Warchild to sign and return. He has 2 weeks to return it to the Sales dept. before we can call for the group rate of Thur $79, Fri-Sat at $109 ea.

I've yet to get his reply. Warchild, are you there?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On Orbitz you can currently get a room at Siena for $89, $99, $99 for Thur, Fri, Sat respectively during the rally. A better rate can't be negotiated?

·
Registered
12 Posts
@ worldbound4now
I saw the very quote from orbitz and brought it the Siena's mgrs attention. He said it is mismarked and should be $189 and it will change tomorrow. Or you all could try to jump in before then to see if you can really get it at that rate. Let me (us) know if you score it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
swannie007 said:
Everyone,
Hate to seem dumb, but what the hell is WFO-5? Sounds like some sort of rally. Let us dumb ones know.
Fifth annual meeting of the Western FJR Owners, except this year it may be revised to the first nationwide meet, as Yamaha USA is now on board.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sure, I check Siena today and it's 89, 129, 129. Not unreasonable, but the deal can be beat.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I 've got some issues:
1) We signed up (paid our $20) and did not get our advertised $79 per night because the block of rooms are sold out. No other block of rooms were negotiated in a timely manner. The Reno Hilton is sold out, I'm told.
2) As an alternative, I negotiated with the Siena Hotel for a block of rooms at a reduced rate that Warchild needs to sign and return by April 11th to get a reduced rate. Still waiting.......
3) The "who is coming map" is way overdue for up dating.

Who is driving this ship (event?) Hello. Nobody is responding to my PM emails to these issues. Are you on vacation? Rant, rant, rant :( :( :(

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok pegscraper. Have some faith in warchild et al that are working on the event. I'm a bit anxious on a room deal as well, but don't bite the hand that feeds you. Worst case schenario, pitch a tent and enjoy the clean air.

·
Registered
12 Posts
$79 per night again

STAMPEDE, look at em go!!! Yes folks, as toecutter has said, the Reno Hilton is once again $79 EACH NIGHT WHILE IT LASTS. I just called the RenoHilton and they informed me that this price change has been made automatic to all those who had already rergistered at the higher price.
:ale:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
$79 rate is good again! I called today after a short vacation to find that the room rate is in effect again. Call while it lasts! Thanks to whomever fixed this issue!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts