FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Reprising their 2004 roles, the 2006 WFO-5 event will again be hosted by Warchild and HMarc Lewis. A third new host for the 2006 event is Dan Denchel of Sunnyside Yamaha.

For 2006, WFO-5 has expanded to be a three day event: July 27-30, 2006

Link: Official WFO-5 Web Site

WFO-5 will be held at the Reno Hilton in Reno, Nevada. Specifically, the event will be held within some new construction at the Reno Hilton: the "Silver State Pavilion". This is a HUGE 45,000 square foot indoor convention center. We have been authorized to park our FJR's *inside* the Pavilion. This is not a joke. We will have indoor, secured 24-hour parking that only registered WFO-5 guests can access.

The Silver State Pavilion facility contains 2 offices, private restrooms, and a registration foyer. There are two large load in doors that can be used to get the motorcycles in and out of the room with direct access to the parking lot. It is large enough that they can set up tables and chairs for us to socialize and tire-kick in air-conditioned comfort while enjoying liquid refreshments! :twisted:

The entire pavilion is 41,364 sq. ft. There are airwalls that can be closed to form two rooms of 2,200 sq. ft. each or one large room of 4,400 sq. ft. The airwalls can be left open for the social area. The room is very flexible, and can be designed any way we want it.

See: Silver State Pavilion floor map

The WFO-5 Committee has started planning this event with the goal of morphing this into the inaugural FJR1300 National Meet. We are awaiting feedback from many vendors and Yamaha USA to before going into any further details at this time. Assuming the FJR National initiative does indeed happen, the intent is to make WFO the first hosts, then rotate the "FJR National" to other regional organizers (EOM, CFO, etc), thus moving the event location around the country each year.

Come join in Reno, Nevada next July for what may be the largest single gathering of FJR's on the planet!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RogDeb said:
Dale,
I'm waiting for the food menu's to appear. Any word on that yet?
The WFO-5 Banquet Coordinator is still working the issue with the Reno Hilton Catering department. In fact, there's a whole lot of behind-the-scenes negotiations going on, not only with the banquets but with other aspects of the event as well.

As soon as plans are set, we'll inform all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
a joke

worldbound4now said:
what does the smoke smell like when you accellerate hard on that carpet? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Hehe! This reminds me of a joke I heard: This guy goes out to work, and finds an insurance sitting on his car , arms spread out. So he asks "Hey insurance what are you doing hugging my car?", and the insurance answers "I'm not hugging, i'm a BLANKET". :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Warchild said:
The WFO-5 Banquet Coordinator is still working the issue with the Reno Hilton Catering department. In fact, there's a whole lot of behind-the-scenes negotiations going on, not only with the banquets but with other aspects of the event as well.

As soon as plans are set, we'll inform all.
The clock is ticking away. People have already left for extended rides that end at WFO. So, I guess we'll be paying for the banquets as we enter the dining room? :|

Menu, smenu, just set the price and let me pay up front so I can forget about the fees, knowing that I'm paid up and all is set for the party.

·
Registered
737 Posts
OC, the info about the WFO Banquet is only posted on the FJRForum. :?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thanks Petey. Kind of lame that it's not posted on the WFO-5 web site. I rarely go to that forum, or this one lately. No particular reason, just enough other stuff to do.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hoser, next time update your own site too. :x

I know you've been busy, but we're still looking at the Silver state pavilion info there instead of the Nevada room and the link to the Reno Hilton is fubar as well, though it's indeed a tad late for most people in making reservations.

I used to go the the FJR forum, but you know, it gets hacked so often, I just lost interest. :wink:

BTW, I just posted a link on the Micapeak FJR list in case others were unaware of the info only being posted at the FJR forum site.

·
Registered
94 Posts
WFO Banquet Dinners!!!

Hey folks, time is ticking for ordering those WFO banquet dinners. Only a fraction of the attendees have paid for the dinners so far.

Don't be left out! You WILL be sorry.

Hit the below link for instructions on how to pay:

http://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=9948

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am looking for any information on the fjr meeting for 2007. Where and when. I missed this year in Reno and would like to make the next one.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Howdy,

I've been away a while (work). Ann and I have been talking about going out west for a long run. This sounds perfect to I think we will commit. I can show her my old stomping grounds in Tonopah where I used to live.

Look forward to meeting some of you "left coasters" :D

Boof

1 - 15 of 15 Posts