FJR Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I used to ride with a really good friend. We met on an XS11 Group Ride, back in the day.

We use to "Go to Church" on Sundays, which meant we would meet at a town between where we lived, and would ride on Sundays. No plans, no destinations, just ride the Texas country roads.

Well, I got a call from one of my other XS11 riding buddies, who used to ride with us on occasion, and he told me that Dave had passed that morning... 51, widow maker... I was stunned, crushed, saddened... I still miss him...

But, when the weather is good, and I am motivated to do so, I will "Go to Church" on Sundays. This past Sunday was one of those days.

This is me and Orion:

I am sad, because I went to see Dave... That is the last building I saw him in...

And here he rests, in the background, under the headstone that says "Delzell"

It was a great ride, seeing my good friend, talking with him, and letting him know that I am still "Going to Church" on Sundays, when I can.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
RIP, way too soon. Your tribute is heartwarming. Ride in grace.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Wow 51 way too soon to leave this world RIP to your friend :(

and it just happened that I was reading another sad news this morning where Covid took another life in the motorsport community...Fausto Gresini passed away this morning at the age of 60 :(

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow 51 way too soon to leave this world RIP to your friend :(

and it just happened that I was reading another sad news this morning where Covid took another life in the motorsport community...Fausto Gresini passed away this morning at the age of 60 :(

Thanks, Damir.

Yeah, that is very sad... This should not be occurring...

Reactions: Damir

·
Registered
333 Posts
Remember the great memories Greg, always remember the good times and not the way you saw him the last time. He would want you to remember him the way you guys used to ride together and share great times, he would not want you to bring yourself down - same as you wouldn't want him to remember you if roles were reversed. Keep him alive in your memory and ride, he will be there with you always. That's what I do with keeping my best friend with me, who passed away in 1984 (as I've already told you) at the age of 26. Life gives us some cruel challenges at times, just know that the people that care about you would never want to have you down. If you can, smile and remember the good times and funny conversations, smiles you shared, roads you conquered together. Keep him in your heart, that's my advice to you. Really sorry for your loss; take care of yourself like our departed loved ones would want you to. I feel bad for everyone that cared about him, 51 is too young. RIP

Until we ride!!!

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
My condolences to you. It's sad when we reach an age where we start losing our old friends, but 51's just too soon.

·
Registered
333 Posts

Wow, so he did end up losing his Covid battle, really sad situation. I was following that and it looked like he took a turn for the worse this past week, it didn't look good at that point.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Remember the great memories Greg, always remember the good times and not the way you saw him the last time. He would want you to remember him the way you guys used to ride together and share great times, he would not want you to bring yourself down - same as you wouldn't want him to remember you if roles were reversed. Keep him alive in your memory and ride, he will be there with you always. That's what I do with keeping my best friend with me, who passed away in 1984 (as I've already told you) at the age of 26. Life gives us some cruel challenges at times, just know that the people that care about you would never want to have you down. If you can, smile and remember the good times and funny conversations, smiles you shared, roads you conquered together. Keep him in your heart, that's my advice to you. Really sorry for your loss; take care of yourself like our departed loved ones would want you to. I feel bad for everyone that cared about him, 51 is too young. RIP

Until we ride!!!
Thanks, Max, it was in 2006 that he crossed... The story I have to tell you about him will keep you all laughing when I see you all next!

Until we Ride!!!

Reactions: maximrebel
1 - 8 of 8 Posts