FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have recommendations, for stop overs, and a route from Calais and back over two days, taking in some good roads? There'll be around 12 bikes going so far.

Cheers,

Nova :wink:

·
Registered
2 Posts
meuse valley

got a mate with a B& B for bikers in the meuse valley cracking roads around there and a good set of route national to /from, direct using some motorway takes about 3.5 hours

website is http://www.bikersbedsfrance.co.uk/ owner is Ian

if you are there do go to mont medey citadell and take a torch this fort is outstanding (so are the roads around!!)

john

·
Registered
177 Posts
I can vouch for the Groenedijk Motorcycle Hotel mentioned by Shakey...stayed there on 3 occasions..superb stuff. Bike indoors but still right outside your hotel room door...this place is unique!
You can lie in your room and look at all the bikes, and knowing when you take a shower (in a shower block in the garage), your bike is only a few feet away. Friendly staff, good food, great beer ( Hoegaarden) , good music, outside BBQ area, great breakfast, good like minded company.
Brugge and Ypres only a few miles away and just HAVE to be worth a visit. Ivan & his wife and others run the place...nice folks.

For those with Garmin GPS, Ypres is known as Ieper thats an I not an L and Brugge is as how I have spelt it. Took me a while to figure it out...
glad I got there...been 3 times to both, and doing it again this year..just fan dabby dozy :mrgreen:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Did Ypres last year en route to Germany stayed at Nova Hotel with underground parking. Less than 2 hours from Tunnel.

Teejay

1 - 7 of 7 Posts