FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A good friend, Rob the Indian Guy, from up Philadelphia way will be riding down for some relaxed riding in NC's mountains so we picked the Oak Park Inn in Waynesville, NC again. We'll be riding in on Thurs Sept 16, ride around, Wheels Through Time, etc. Friday & Saturday, and ride out Sunday the 19th. Keep in mind- we're not canyon carvers or Ricky racers so if anyone wants to go their own way and meet later we're perfectly fine with that. I don't think he's done either of the Dragon or Cherohala so that'll maybe be the Friday ride.

All are welcome to join in or pop in for a visit or whatever. Maybe we'll get to meet some folks who couldn't make it last time. I'll be posting details, routes, etc. here in this thread as we go along.

reservations made, Oak Park Inn Waynesville, NC

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
I went up to go to WTT on, I think,Tuesday a couple weeks ago coming back to SC from Knoxville. It was closed that day. Bummer. I am still going to keep my commitment to go to WTT to support them, but I will be touring the US again, God willing, Sept. - Oct. with my honey. Hope you guys have a great time.

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000 CBF1000 VFR800
9,165 Posts
FYI, the EOM event is being held in Flatwoods, WV on the same dates...... if I can go, I do intend to wander over towards the Maggie Valley area as well.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
No not going to the BRG...... will go to EOM and tack on a day or two before or after and enjoy the twisties of previous EOM's.

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reservations made! Oak Park Inn, Waynesville. 16th-19th. No Plans yet. So far 3 of us.

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This has become real- reservations are made and ride planning is in the works. So here are the general rules that Ken, Rob and I follow:

• ride your ride;
  • some folks may choose to NOT be ATGATT. If this bothers you please reconsider attending, no one wants to be lectured about how to dress. To each his own.
  • no leaders, just chilled riders. I'll have Garmin waypoints & maybe routes but we're all experienced enough to figure out where we're going.
  • ride your ride.
  • we choose NOT to drink alcohol when riding. Your bike, your choice, we don't care but we do reserve the right to avoid you if we feel like it. After the day, at the pool or in the parking lot, is another matter.
  • bike doesn't matter, everyone is welcome so bring the wife, kid, mistress, boyfriend. Whatever. Who am I to judge ?
  • we may break into smaller groups of riders so it's less stressful for everyone. Everyone is invited to go his/her/its own way if the group thing ain't your thing.
  • ride your ride.
  • someone try to remember some "Hello my name is" labels and a sharpie. I always forget.
  • I plan for stuff for me and my regular riding buds, no one's feelings will be hurt if someone comes but does different stuff. To each his/her/its own. We chill. Ride some, rest some, eat & drink some, repeat. It's vacation, we relax.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I was only implying that if I get there a day early, somebody might crash your party! However, my riding pardner is now saying we'll likely arrive Friday, will miss your ride, and stay later a day or two. We'll see!!

Reactions: rbentnail

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
I'm jealous you guys live so close to such great riding roads. Have fun!

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm jealous you guys live so close to such great riding roads. Have fun!
Will do! For me relaxing with close friends with no particular place to go is the fun. I'll try to do better with the taking of photos, I'm pretty lazy with that. Buddy from Pennsylvania says he's not getting in any hurry either. He'll be overnighting on the way down, I'm assuming on the way back, too. He's one of those guys that you can not talk to or text for months on end but pops in like he's never been gone. Know what I mean? We first met in Wellsboro, PA on a Kawasaki Forum ride in 2011 and have been getting together every year since. Usually we meet up in WV somewhere but this year he wanted to come farther south.

·
Registered
2014 FJR-A
57 Posts

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Will do! For me relaxing with close friends with no particular place to go is the fun. I'll try to do better with the taking of photos, I'm pretty lazy with that. Buddy from Pennsylvania says he's not getting in any hurry either. He'll be overnighting on the way down, I'm assuming on the way back, too. He's one of those guys that you can not talk to or text for months on end but pops in like he's never been gone. Know what I mean? We first met in Wellsboro, PA on a Kawasaki Forum ride in 2011 and have been getting together every year since. Usually we meet up in WV somewhere but this year he wanted to come farther south.
That's awesome. it's amazing the bond that motorcycles can create. (y)

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just made reservation for Thursday sept 16. Woohoo. Excited to ride
Just one day? What're you gonna do, ride over, nap and ride back? Ha!! Anywho, wanna ride along with me and Ken on Thursday? I usually leave out around 8 am to meet him in Martinsville. You're right on the way!

I'm working on routes. Friday the Dragon and Cherohala, Saturday down into Jaw-jah.

These folks will be passing thru that neighborhood on Friday 17. They will be stopping at WTT.
Route :Motorcycle Cannonball
I've seen them before, a few yrs ago when they came through near where I am.

·
Registered
2006 FJR 1300
120 Posts
Just one day? What're you gonna do, ride over, nap and ride back? Ha!! Anywho, wanna ride along with me and Ken on Thursday? I usually leave out around 8 am to meet him in Martinsville. You're right on the way!

I'm working on routes. Friday the Dragon and Cherohala, Saturday down into Jaw-jah.

I've seen them before, a few yrs ago when they came through near where I am.
Would be glad to ride with you guys on Thursday. As well as ride with you Friday and peel off after dinner and stay in Robbinsville Fri nite Then head over to see my daughter on Saturday am in Cleveland Tenn via the dragon

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Would be glad to ride with you guys on Thursday. As well as ride with you Friday and peel off after dinner and stay in Robbinsville Fri nite Then head over to see my daughter on Saturday am in Cleveland Tenn via the dragon
Oh ya, forgot about the TN thing. Duh-huh :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just booked a room for 17th & 18th at Oak Park Inn. Im going to try to swing it at work, hope this works out.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts