FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Greg, it might be a good idea to send your injectors to someone that specializes in cleaning and balancing the injector flows while you have them out. A dirty/sticky injector will play havoc with how your motor runs. Someone here may have someplace that they can recommend. What exactly is the problem here?

the bad boot on your airbox certainly isn’t a good thing but shouldn’t really affect how it runs, just won’t keep dirt & critters out. Let us know what you find.

Reactions: skippy344!

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Greg, don’t forget that it’s not just pressure but the volume as well, the fuel filtered through that sock is pretty clean, so I don’t think that’s any problem. A couple of other thoughts on it dying could be the fuel pressure regulator which your pressure test should identify, also, I would look at the throttle position sensor (my bet) as that seems to have been problematic on these bikes since I’ve been a part of this group, you can check that through your diagnostics page Or a voltmeter looking for smooth operation through its range.

Also, I don’t know if your 06 model had the ground spider issues either, seems like when Russ had that problem on his 07 there was a lot of silly things going on, just something to keep in mind. He has an excellent writeup on all that someplace here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts