FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rear shock on my Gen1 finally gave out and is dripping oil all over the garage floor. Anyone upgrading to an aftermarket shock on their Gen 3 that wants to sell their stock shock?

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2006 FJR1300 AS - Orion The Hunter
818 Posts
Yeah, they are spendy...

Roughly $418 at Partzilla... Oof...

Reactions: 2GENAE and Ahucker

·
Registered
Current FJR's 2011 and 2013 Past FJR's 2003 2x2005 2008 2010
50 Posts
I'm in the same boat...ordered a 14 shock for one of my 11's last week...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in the same boat...ordered a 14 shock for one of my 11's last week...
Did you order from Partzilla? Do you know if it comes fully assembled?

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000 CBF1000 VFR800
9,165 Posts
Yes it is fully assembled...... check price also on a '16A shock... may be cheaper.

Reactions: Ahucker

·
Registered
56 Posts
I’ve got a shock I took off my ‘16. Has a few miles on it though, like maybe 100k. Replaced it with a Wilburs just because.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’ve got a shock I took off my ‘16. Has a few miles on it though, like maybe 100k. Replaced it with a Wilburs just because.
Hmm maybe. What shape is it in? Where are you located?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hmm maybe. What shape is it in? Where are you located?

I’m in NY. It wasn’t leaking and didn’t feel like a pogo, but other than that I’m not good at dialing in suspensions. I typically play around for a day to get it where it feels ok, then never touch it again. The shock I replaced it with (Wilbers LDC) claims to maintain ride height regardless of on board weight. That was attractive to me as I ride with an auxiliary fuel tank, so my weight really swings. You are welcome to try it first.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I’m in NY. It wasn’t leaking and didn’t feel like a pogo, but other than that I’m not good at dialing in suspensions. I typically play around for a day to get it where it feels ok, then never touch it again. The shock I replaced it with (Wilbers LDC) claims to maintain ride height regardless of on board weight. That was attractive to me as I ride with an auxiliary fuel tank, so my weight really swings. You are welcome to try it first.
That sounds good if you’re willing to ship to 60046. I will PM you.

·
Registered
169 Posts
OE shock is not that good. Best upgrade I did was to replace my rear with a Nitron R2. I know that is a bigger expense but results may be worth it. The OE shock has a true life of 25,000 miles IMHO.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OE shock is not that good. Best upgrade I did was to replace my rear with a Nitron R2. I know that is a bigger expense but results may be worth it. The OE shock has a true life of 25,000 miles IMHO.
Thanks jtlanejr,

I’m looking for a somewhat temporary solution to get me through the riding season. My current leaking 2004 stick shock needs replacement right away for safety reasons.

I’m eyeing the personalized Penske shock for next year when I’ve had the chance to budget and save for it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts