FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got a Bagster Tank Cover and Bag for an 03 silver FJR1300 lying around that they want to part with?

Black also considered.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was hoping to get one from Australia.

Thanks for the offer.

BUT, how much and what is a Linda Tanner "Gizmo Bag".

·
Super Moderator
3,947 Posts
Shipping would be more than the gear.

The Gizmo Bag is a custom tank bag I had made to use in the 2003 Iron Butt Rally. Multiple layers for things like MP3 player (so it's suspended above the tank to miminize shocks), a flip-over map holder (use one side, rip it loose from the velcro flip it over and move to the next part of the map), pockets abound, wired for power, etc.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds interesting, got any pictures?

There is no bites from Aust yet so might be interested at the right price.

·
Super Moderator
3,947 Posts
No close ups on hand. However here are some:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/[email protected]/detail?.dir=a2b7&.dnm=13f6.jpg&.src=ph

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/[email protected]/detail?.dir=a2b7&.dnm=85b3.jpg&.src=ph

Keep in mind that the bag needs some new sidewall stiffeners in those photos. It's nothing more than replacing the ones in there with something like sheets of plastic from a local hardware store. These photos show it way loaded down for the IBR and after many hard miles that included all kinds of weather, heat, etc. It includes a rain cover that is tethered and stored in a pocket on the underside of the bag. Disconnect one side of the bag, lift it up, pull out the cover and then clip the bag back down. The rain cover includes a window so you can see the map even when the cover is on. Pockets galore! Front, back, both sides, inside net pockets toward the rider and up underneath the "lid". There the main compartment, there's a mid-level compartment (where an MP3 can "float"), and it expands upward like many off-the-shelf bags do.

Interesting project that took some back-and-forth with the fabricator.

IIRC the tank cover was about $100 - $150 (us). I know the bag cost $180 to develop. The only reason I don't use it is that I like the way the K-Drive back attaches to the tank and doesn't require removing when lifting the tank during routine maintenance.

I'd take $80 (us) and you pay shipping if you're interested.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll Take it. How do you want to do it????

I'll private message you.

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
This NEW robot was pretty destructive, it actually had the board shut down for a while today.

David, you have lots of deleting to do, but is anyone getting nervous about these things getting more and more boisterous? I'm starting to wonder if they will eventually be able to topple the forum. :|

:)

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Liquidsilver said:
David, you have lots of deleting to do
:)
When I looked at the board this morning (Saturday our time) I had to whack 10 posts. Had a short ride for breakfast, and am now doing a more complete check. Beautiful sunny mid-winters day - about 12C overnight, will peak at around 22C (around 70F), but I have the 'flu so I feel like a truck parked on me last night. Will still get some riding done, though. Can't let a little 22-tonner stop that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts