FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am planning to spend a few days riding in Wales in July. Will leave Crawley July 6 in the afternoon and head for Wales. So far that is the only destination but I think I need something a little more specific. Keith sent me some suggested roads. Which I plan to follow.

Now I am looking for a place to base myself for 3 nights in central Wales. I figure I can call one place home and ride out during the day. Any suggestions on biker friendly accommodation?

Anyone else interested in coming along? Maybe we could make a little get together out of this? Especially if there is someone from the area who would like to lead a ride?

gypsy

·
Registered
439 Posts
Wales Trip

Gypsy

Try this website, I've heard good things about the place,
www.bikers-retreat.com
not exactly mid Wales, but then nothing is that far away.

I live in Rhyl, North Wales so always ready for a ride out if you are around the area. We may even persuade Keith to join us.

Brian

·
Registered
728 Posts
Hey Gypsy,

We're going down to St Davids on the West Coast of Wales this Saturday just for the heck of it. Wales truly is is God's Own Country.

Difficult to pin down 1 or 2 roads, but Bala to Machyynlth (or summat like it) is my personal favourite and I shall be partaking of its pleasures in just 48 hours from now.

Could be interested in tagging along early July: will be spending 4th to 6th in Heathrow: yum yum, so will be in need of, er, refreshing mah soul. :ale:

Hmm. Sounds like a rideout coming on. :ale: :ale:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Great choice for a holiday,in fact the best! We live in South Wales and can often be found cruising round the Brecon Beacons,some of the best roads in the UK. It would be great to meet up during your time in the Land of my fathers,send us an E-mail if you fancy it. Steve and Sue

·
Registered
28 Posts
Great choice for a holiday,in fact the best! We live in South Wales and can often be found cruising round the Brecon Beacons,some of the best roads in the UK. It would be great to meet up during your time in the Land of my fathers,send us an E-mail if you fancy it. Steve and Sue

·
Registered
728 Posts
OOps. Forgot to mention, Gypsy, that route up to Bala has lots of CONIFERS. You know. Tree things that you prolly don't have in Canada. :oops:

·
Registered
728 Posts
swegas said:
Swgas: do you know that the Biker babe crew are having their annual get together in Brecon end of July? www.biker-babe.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Events;action=display;num=1137413992

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK Liz & Ian lets organize a ride out in Wales the July 7 weekend. Maybe we can convince Brian and Steve & Sue to come along.

gypsy

·
Registered
401 Posts
gypsy said:
OK Liz & Ian lets organize a ride out in Wales the July 7 weekend. Maybe we can convince Brian and Steve & Sue to come along.

gypsy
Getting Liz and Ian to organise something!!!??? Now that HAS to be worth coming along to!!

I would suggest Dyffryn Ardudwy again as a base. Those who attended last year's Octoberfest will testify to it's biker-friendliness I hope!

It is on the "border" between Mid and North Wales, 5 miles south of Harlech.

One thing to bear in mind if you are in North Wales in July - leave extra time because of all those people in their lovely caravans clogging up the road.... You can see the non-towing car drivers get frustrated to the extent that they take some STUPID risks and that usually means they are less biker aware...

·
Registered
728 Posts
That sounds like a top idea, Pete. Aren't you best placed to contact them, being friends and all?

That place in Dolgellau is booked up that weekend.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great Pete thanks for agreeing to contact them!! :)

Don't know where Dyffryn Ardudwy but if you recommend it there are all the necessities...parking, bed, bar!

gypsy

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yesterday hottest day of the year so far -- so 4 of s did Lake Vyrnwy, over to Bala through to the Horseshoe Pass and back home, enjoy Wales but word of warning, watch for the mobile cameras at weekends in North Wales.

Checked the calender I am off weekend 7th July so might be another one to tag on.

Teejay

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Typical, don't log on to the site for just one day and a 'fest gets organised :roll:

We'll be there, wherever it is

Maybe I should avoid the site more often :lol:

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Liz said:
...will be spending 4th to 6th in Heathrow...
Don't worry Liz, if you feel the need to go plane spotting, you go right ahead. Just remember, those nice men with anoraks and binoculars aren't all psychopaths :crylarf:

1 - 20 of 109 Posts