FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
101 - 102 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
--right-angle valve stems on both wheels. Front one is pointed in the "wrong" direction - to left. I prefer to right of bike, so that it is easier to check pressure or put air in with bike on side stand. But, I'll take it.
I'm guessing "to right of bike" means while sitting on it, or facing uphill of the side-stand lean. Just for another POV, both my right angle stems face in opposite directions, the front like yours is I think. I usually squat (or kneel, depending on how the knees feel that day) in front of the tire and being right-handed it's more natural to work off that side, even if its leaning. Same with being behind the rear tire. In any case I almost always pop it up on the center-stand anyway when checking as that's much easier than rolling the bike if the valves are up top. Just something to consider.

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
11,084 Posts
You should be able to rotate that valve stem..... if not, loosen at next tar change and put it where you want it.

Reactions: DesertBike
101 - 102 of 102 Posts