FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where you can buy this devise in the UK or from the USA at a good price?
Deciding between the Vista or the Throttlemeister, any recommendations anyone?

Nova :wink:

·
Registered
177 Posts
M & P are still listing the Vista Cruise part number 500405 that is for the universal one...I bought mine for a CBR1000F and used it for years before getting the FJR it was then very easily modified to suit...5 min job and was cheaper £19.99 compared to £29.99 for the universal.

www.mandp.co.uk and search on 'cruise' I think there is a Yamaha specific one, but not sure...might be worth giving them a call. 08705 703030

Mate has a Throttlemeister and likes it, but at over £100!! The Vista is easier to use.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Malki,

I had the Throttle Meister on my last FJR and it is a superb piece of equipment. Thanks for the report on the Vista though, I think I'll try it first. :wink:

Nova

·
Registered
177 Posts
There are instructions on the old site for modifying the cheaper Vista with the Honda twin cable setup to fit the FJR which I followed to the letter, but buggered if I can remember how to ge to to the old site.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you can remember how to get onto the old site, I'd find that useful as well.
The previous workshop manual torque settings etc which was on the old site would be useful and better than nothing for my 06 model.

Thanks again for the help though.

cheers,

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the help guy's got the universal vista control from M&P this morning so easy to fit, 15 min and onto the 06 with heated grips, works a treat.
I have to say not as high quality as the Throttlemeister, it just does the job, all for only £30.00. Excellent :lol:

Thanks for the links.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just joined the site...very nice! Looks like I have some reading to catch up on!

On my previous bike I had the Vista which I liked. Easy to install, adjust and use. My '03 FJR came with the Throttlemeister which I can't get used to and don't feel comfortable using after 3,500 kilometers. Has anyone managed to maintain their velocity while engaging / disengaging the Throttlemeister? I am seriously considering the Brakeaway (#6CB02): http://www.brakeawayproducts.com/appguide.html There is a demo video on their site which makes operation of this device look as simple as the Vista, with the added feature of being able to disengage it with the brake caliper. I wonder if I can remove the internals of the Throttlemeister as they would make nice bar-end weights.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Look like a really nice piece of kit.

I have to let you know though that the vista cruise I've just fitted to my 06 works great and look good for £30.00.

Function over form YES it is. It works great.

Good luck with whatever you decide

1 - 10 of 10 Posts