FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of doing some video shooting on Saturday 27 May (Zea is away for the day, so I have the whole day to do 'boy stuff') and I am thinking of doing the run up and down the Border Ranges (Mt Lindesay Highway) a few times. If you would like to get a video of you on your bike, post interest here.

My thoughts are:
1 - limited to 4 or 5 people
2 - we do the run up and back from the border to the top, where the road surface is the best
3 - I follow you with the camera mounted on my bike
4 - if we have time, we may do a few runs with you behind me - camera facing backwards
5 - we can continue until the tape/batteries run out. I'll then burn a DVD of the day.
6 - if Atlas (or anyone else who wants to do stills) comes along he may station himself somewhere to get some good stills

It would mean meeting at Rathdowney around 9, so let me know if you are interested or have any ideas or suggestions.

·
Registered
361 Posts
"Lets hope that this date doesn't coincide with the NSW Police force picture taking day!" I heard that they take very expensive pictures :crylarf:
I will get back to you David as soon as I know what my "Minister of entertainment" wants me to do. (she's pretty bossy!!!)

I love the idea David!!! Hope to see you there....might get some wheelie action in on the new girl :twisted:

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had reason to take today off work, so I spent this afternoon hooning in the mountains around here, and playing with the video camera in preparation for Saturday. Had some fun, and I'll see if I can post a short video later in the week, when I've added music.

Moose, any word from the Ministry of Entertainment (and household chores)?

Also, I can possibly rig up a rear-facing camera mount for a BYO video camera, so if anyone wants to BYO let me know and they can get that angle covered.

·
Registered
361 Posts
hey David,

Only got back from Perth today at 0550Hrs. I've dropped the bike to Geelong Carbon Craft to get the moulds made. I'm picking up the bike on Saturday arvo....and then I need the 1000Km service before we take of for Dorigo next Thursday (01 Jun 06). I did get a leave pass.....but I'm otherwise occupied I'm sorry.
Hope you guys have a top day. be safe and .....no showing off too much!!!

Moose :cry:

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Keith - just planning for Saturday and checking if you are still a starter. Also, seeing as there won't be anyone coming from the west, what about meeting at Maccas in Beaudesert again - say we plan to leave there ate 8:30. Will that work for you?

I played around last night with some video I shot on Monday, and you can see some here: http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=10h2lc9 It's a free hosting site, so the quality is very average (you should see the real thing. I even got to playing with Picture in Picture around midnight).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts