FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NO MORE PDP....I was in the local yamaha/kawasaki/suzuki dealer in Canton,GA yesterday...He had recently took deiivery of his very own FJR, and I asked how he liked it. He gave a thumbs up and said that Yamaha USA had called him yesterday and asked if he would like to place an order for any FJR's..He did for 2, delivery in September...No $500 deposits in fake names of non existing family members, and all that happy horseshit....

Finally, the Amercan Buying Public, will be able to walk in , sit on an FJR, look it over, and decide right there and then; wether to buy it or not...Just like every other new motorcycle on the Planet,,,

Amazing !

Sad that it took 4 years

I'll be back in September to talk about trading my 02 FJR [ that's 03 for us americans]] :D

·
Registered
172 Posts
Last Summer I sat on one in the showroom of a dealership in Baton Rouge. That is how I was able to determine that this bike fit me best of the 3 sport tourers I was interested in (FJR, RT and the ST). The sales manager told me that Yamaha had some left over :? and had contacted him to see if he was interested in taking delivery of one w/out the pdp deposit, etc. So, it looks like maybe, depending on Mamayamaha's best guestamets of expected sales, if they end up w/a few x-tras they will contact various dealerships and see if they are interested in taking one in. I talked to a local dealer here in Jackson, MS, he is new and small and he advised me that he was just recently contacted by Yamaha w/the same ?, do you want one?, the dealer has never even taken a PDP order on one :? He will have his first ever FJR on his showroom w/in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yamaha usa gets with the rest of the planet

Bounce, point taken....dealer never mentioned a choice of color, most likely NOT...we [ americans] are still second rate in that regard...

Alan, for you too bad,,, for the other half of the usa, the riding season lasts 12 months.....[thats where i choose to live]

Highlander, your logic stinks,... the fjr has gone up in price every year under the PDP....[mine was $10,600 US dollars in march 02 ] with the FJR on the showroom floor like every other consumer item in the world,,, you think it will increase in price even more???.....last time i checked, the more a manufacturer of a item { does not matter what] makes of said item, ,, the lower the cost per item... be it FJR's or condoms [somehow there is a link ]...

Resale ! so your one of those that is worried about the resale value of an item[ be it fjr or stereo system or plasma t.v.] so you do not buy said item,,, and miss out on all the pleasure it would have afforded you..RIGHT !...that's smart......At your grave site , the headstone will read,..." he had a lot of money when he died, but he sure was a miserable bastard"

Donald, ,,,three words.......... cycle trader .com or one word.... www.cycletrader.com a whole bunch of good used fjrs take the 3,4,5, grand you save and spend it on your wife /girlfriend/whore....
and get laid!

peace out

·
Registered
76 Posts
Re: yamaha usa gets with the rest of the planet

jupiterfjr said:
Highlander, your logic stinks,... the fjr has gone up in price every year under the PDP....[mine was $10,600 US dollars in march 02 ] with the FJR on the showroom floor like every other consumer item in the world,,, you think it will increase in price even more???.....last time i checked, the more a manufacturer of a item { does not matter what] makes of said item, ,, the lower the cost per item... be it FJR's or condoms [somehow there is a link ]...

Resale ! so your one of those that is worried about the resale value of an item[ be it fjr or stereo system or plasma t.v.] so you do not buy said item,,, and miss out on all the pleasure it would have afforded you..RIGHT !...that's smart......At your grave site , the headstone will read,..." he had a lot of money when he died, but he sure was a miserable bastard"
First of all it's the lowest price in the world, it will now still incease in price .. it does not matter if there's more built, it's called supply and demand.. you know High school economics, ya fail that ??

I really don't give a crap about resale. other wise I'd own HD. I think your headstone comment is pretty cold, you don't know me so Fawk you and your comment.

·
Super Moderator
3,980 Posts

jupiterfjr said:
The MSRP has gone up every year. Seems that's the case with most bikes over the same time frame. The difference is that a high-demand bike that's floored doesn't get discounted. Check out the R1's that were at, or above MSRP, has people on waiting lists, and... HEY WAITING LISTS! THEY WAITED TOO! The difference was that they waited without the certainty of delivery that PdP waiters had).

PdP gave people, willing to look around, a chance to negotiate pricing because dealerships didn't have a risk in flooring inventory. Waiting is waiting. The difference between PdP and waiting lists for floor models is that the dealer has the upper hand on price and the waiting list for floor models give impulse buyers the ILLUSION of spontaneity.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts

bounce said:
The difference between PdP and waiting lists for floor models is that the dealer has the upper hand on price and the waiting list for floor models give impulse buyers the ILLUSION of spontaneity.
Excellent points. I bought both my FJR's on PDP and got great deals on both. Who the heck says you can't negotiate the price just cause it's a PDP anyway?

I am grateful for the PDP because it might be the only way Yam was willing to enter the US market.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts