FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I woke up to an e-mail from my local dealer this morning stating that my '06 was in and they were trying to get the trucking firm they use to go get it and deliver it to them yet today. Apparently she is in a warehouse in Chicago. I don't know if the bags are with her or not. Oh happy day....almost! As it isn't 1 April yet...the message from my dealer was NOT a joke!!! DFO :eek: :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thats great, designeraccd, sounds like your dealer is 100%.

"Warehouse in Chicago", wonder how long it will take for them to make it downstate.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Great news!!!!!!!!

I guess the FJR-AE will be about a month behind. We'll be looking for a report in about a week. :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No riding yet, but the gr8 guys at North End Cycle (Elkhart, IN) stayed late tonight starting to assemble my nu bluu FJR! Did get to sit on her and my 6 month old right hip did "allow" that. Proof will be taking her out for an hour or so tho. Before this hip business she would have felt perfect, now? The new saddle (up position, boy was that fun...NOT the best ergos for doing the adjusting...) seems better than I remember my o.e. saddle on my '03 FJR which I replaced with the optional Corbin.
The blue is very deep and dark, but even under shop lights looked good to me. BTW, the bags DID come with the bike!

This is bike #77 for me and I am sure hoping I will be able to ride her and enjoy her for years to come...I hope.

The fellows at North End, Byron (owner), Paul, Al and Jason have really uh...discussed the delivery of this bike IN MARCH with Yamaha and they got her here...in March! Thanks guys...guess that's why I've purchased...uh, just a few bikes at NEC over the years...good shop, nice people! BTW, posted a pic of her being assembled in my pic album. DFO :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After my 82 mile "test" ride this afternoon in 46F gloomy, gray, windy weather I must say the new FJR definately brightened the day! Yup, nice very nice. Only complaint at this point is the spotty paint quality on my bike. Most of the bike is deep, smooth paint but some very visible surfaces are orange peeled....yukk.

Gearbox/clutch quite positive and smooth, strong brakes, engine is very smooth and certainly has "adequate" power...oh yes it does!!! For me I think bar risers and maybe a Corbin will go on the bike, but will see. Overall a very favorable first impression...bike is an overall improvement relative to my '03 FJR. DFO :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts