FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a three part video of the infamous Mulholland Highway, James Dean's 'warm-up' road. He'd typically run this road for practice before a race sometimes as many as 1000 miles a day, it is rumored. The road is named after William Mulholland, best known for engineering the diversion of the Owens River - some 200 miles distant - to LA thus enabling the continued growth of the city. Er, I wish you hadn't done that, sir...

Anyway, Part I is 8 or so minutes, II is about 9 and III is 4 or so. I hope you enjoy them, but I'm sure not nearly as much as I had filming them...

By the way, anyone have a judge in the family? I need a little, um, favor... :D

Mulholland, Part I

Mulholland, Part II

Mulholland, Part III

·
Registered
72 Posts
That has to be the best internet site ever. Looks like a great ride that will challenge many skill levels. Hey, what camera do you use and what mount do you have? More importantly, what mount do you have. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Well done, I really enjoyed those videos. I'm surprised how little traffic you encountered, there is nothing like slow moving cages to spoil a ride like that. But it looks like you need anti-vibration mounts for that camera. I think that much vibration will wreck your camera fairly quickly.

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Great road! I hear LOTS of cyclists have died on it, though... and that enforcement efforts are quite extensive on weekends.

Wish I could say I've done that road on two wheels... all I had was my brother's 300ZX Twin Turbo, when he lived in Santa Monica. And though the car felt velcroed to the road, I wasn't nearly ballsy enough to even make the tires squeak on those vertigo corners. :oops:

Mack, are we still gonna try a run from SouthernCal up to Laguna Seca next summer? I've been wondering about the availability of rentals, and have wondered if a 'team drive,' with both of our bikes in my truck wouldn't be a more viable option.

:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts