FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks as you probably know via the tour2cure link there's a few of us with partners riding Uk to Turkey & back one hell of an adventure.
Just to update you all we had a great meet over the weekend at Hythe in Kent Gypsy ( Dude ) from Canada turned up nice to see some brothers from over the water. The raffle raised £211 for the charity which at the moment with other donations is approx £6500 so if any of you folks are feeling generous please check out the donation link on www.tour2cure.co.uk .
Iergen
Not long now will ring you when we get to your country.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I can't believe you guys are coming to Turkey! :D

Unfortunately your entry point at Turkey along with your checkpoints are nowhere near Istanbul :(

Livin' in Istanbul and not having any vacation time from my new job, I won't be able to see you and present you with some of my hospitality :cry:

But if you can make any modifications in your travel plans to include the great city of Istanbul, I'd be more than happy to meet you guys! :D

Not to include one of God's greatest creations is a real pity. Hoping to hear of some changes in your plan. Perhaps you can exclude a particular Turkish city in order to include Istanbul?!!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Iergen:-
Thanks for the photos. We will be leaving Ayvalik about 0900 & using the D550 via Aydin i do'nt know how long it will take i think possibly 6 hours.
So will be in Marmaris about 1500 :D where do we meet you ? .

Mad Dog :-
Sorry :( we can not make Istanbul we would like very much to visit your wonderful city but we are on a very tight schedule. If things change do you have a contact number.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Murf said:
Iergen:-
Thanks for the photos. We will be leaving Ayvalik about 0900 & using the D550 via Aydin i do'nt know how long it will take i think possibly 6 hours.
So will be in Marmaris about 1500 :D where do we meet you ? .

hi MURF,

I will be waiting for you on 7 June,please ring me when you arrive in Marmaris and i will come and meet you all.

I displayed your tour plan and tour route on the one of the biggest motorcycle websites of Turkey.I am going to send you phone numbers of our members who are willing to say you wellcome and help you incase of emergency on your route.
http://www.ikiteker.org/modules.php...3&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
http://www.motordelisi.com/ftopict-25819.html

Do you need any advice for hotel an food on your route in Turkey and marmaris?

:D

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Iergen
Thank you for all your help it is nice to know we have back up through Turkey.

We are staying in Edirne 1st night so we will find a hotel same in Ayvalik 2nd night.

Could you possibly find a hotel in Marmaris for the night of 7th June, three double rooms one single & secure parking for the bikes if possible.

I will ring you from Edirne to let you know if we are still on schedule 8) .

·
Registered
55 Posts
Murf,
I advice to u in Marmaris, Selen Otel.
Duoble room 35 Pound but Manager is our friend and for you 25 Pound with berakfast: wink:
Single room 20 pound with breakfast.
I think you ll like this hotel :D
If you take your ok.and than I can keep your rooms.
Hotels Manager:
Mrs.Sevgi
and phone +90 252 455 36 80

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Iergen
Hotel Selen looks fantastic please save the rooms for us :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Murf said:
Iergen
Hotel Selen looks fantastic please save the rooms for us :D
Murf,
I saved your rooms for 7 june.Selen 1 Hotel,25 meters to sea and in centrum. :D
This is your hotel

this is your room :D

And this is your meeting point at the night :twisted:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Murf Sure you can have my mobile, its +90 532 3506045

iergen Have you made sure that the hotel you booked has "safe/reliable" parking spaces which will be sufficient enough for our friends' bikes? (to me this would be the most important matter) :lol: ,

The same goes for all the other Turkish Hotels they will stay at :D

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
That looks fantastic, much better than the places I stayed in while backpacking in Turkey in the early 80,s :lol:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Mad Dog said:
Murf Sure you can have my mobile, its +90 532 3506045

iergen Have you made sure that the hotel you booked has "safe/reliable" parking spaces which will be sufficient enough for our friends' bikes? (to me this would be the most important matter) :lol: ,

The same goes for all the other Turkish Hotels they will stay at :D
I dont know other citys like Marmaris but everythink is okey.Many riders stayed that hotel past times and evreyone said thanx to me :wink:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Murf,I am send you phone numbers of our members who are willing to say you wellcome and help you incase of emergency on your route.

this is İZMİR
Motordelisi Spor Kulübü
1438 Sok. No:18/1 Alsancak İzmir
Tel: 0232 421 63 03

Hakan DİNÇER -President of motordelisi club
GSM: 0537 678 26 66

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mad Dog:-
Thanks for your No. Will ring if we get near to Istanbul.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Iergen
Thanks for all of your help it is very much appreciated.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Murf
This is Edremit(close to Ayvalık)contact phone
Mr.Ahmet Ertürk
+90 532 3777188
Member of İkiteker Motocycle Club
He is free after 19:00 pm and waiting for a cub o coffee and your phone call :D

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Iergen
I have listed all phone No.s we will be passing through Edremit so i will give Ahmet a ring. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,
I'm from Edirne / Turkey
If you want to stop for a rest please call me
(to eat something or for coffee break)

Mr.Önder Can Çetin
+90 532 7766634
Member of İkiteker Motocycle Club
I'm free after 17:00 pm but if necessary i'll try to take an afternoon off.

1 - 20 of 224 Posts