FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to lower the triple tree 1/2" on my 2012 FJR, by loosing the clamp bolts and sliding it down the fork tubes.
Top bolts are easy to access. Bottom bolts are too close to the surrounding plastic pieces to let me get me get a wrench on them, not even a 1/4" drive allen socket.

Does anyone have a recommendation on how to loosen and tighten these bottom triple tree bolts without removing much of the fairing?

Thanks!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I remove my forks every year or two to change
the oil. It takes a little finesse but I never have
to remove any bodywork.
Try inserting a ratchet from below while
looking down from above.
The clutch side is easier. Battery makes
brake side a little tougher.
I can get a torque wrench in there to
finish the job.

·
Premium Member
CBF1000 VFR800
8,405 Posts
3/8" ratchet and 6mm hex socket will go, with the forks turned to the right position. I've never removed any plastic to do it.

Reactions: TooManyBikes

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Ditto, I moved my forks up 1/2” in the triple clamps along with Soupy’s adjustable rear links to lower my 14a 1/2” so I could flat foot at a stop. I did it several years ago and did 1 side at a time and as I remember was no big deal even getting the torque wrench in to retorque things, as I recall though the lower triple clamp bolts had to be accessed from the bottom side of the fairing though. Nothing difficult though.

Support the bike (floor jack) when you do this to minimize any unwanted movement and possible tipover.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to everyone for sharing your experience. Perhaps my HF 1/4" allan wrench is too long. Knowing you have all been able to access your lower triple tree bolts tells me that it can be done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts