FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2015 fjr 1957 HD FLH 1973 moto guzzi 850 eldo
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading out to the triple nickel here in Ohio State route 555. Third time I've been there and it's a crazy road to negotiate worse than the dragons tail. It's like a ribbon blowing in the wind never knowing whats over the next hill.

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
11,281 Posts
555 gets all the hype, but there's more..... In June, they were doing some re-paving on the north part.... take it right from the top, then down to Bartlett, take 550 west to Sharpsburg and take 377 all the way up to McConnelsville. You also have to get over to the east of I-77, plenty of good ones over there.... 26, 260, 255, 536, some 800. Just look at a map and find the squiggly lines. You really need at least 3-4 days.........

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Just rode it a couple of weeks ago. The most northern half of 555 is kind of technical with some blind rises, bit the southern half is a little more sweepery and not as anxiety inducing. There are a slew of good roads in that area.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hope you enjoyed your trip. I've ridden SE OH about 20 times since '93. I was introduced to that area during a COG rally at Burr Oak SP in '93. If you like tight technical riding, which I do, the area east of I77 is even better than west of it. Many of the roads are well worth running multiple times in both directions to learn where the "surprises" are. They are then that much more fun to ride.

Hopefully a lot of the road damage from oil field equipment has been repaired in that area. Good to hear they finished repaving 555, the northern part was too rough to enjoy a couple years ago. MSTA has an annual Fly By (riders would "fly by" all the Mail Pouch tobacco ads painted on many barns in the area) rally out of Marietta you may be interested in. It runs for a week now days.

·
Registered
2015 fjr 1957 HD FLH 1973 moto guzzi 850 eldo
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great trip really like the fjr. My second trip on the beast and very happy with the bike. My last bike was a 2001 kawasaki voyager which still was 80''s technology on my last trip to the triple nickel. Hands down the yamadog wins. Kinda miss the radio though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts