FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like to know the correct way to strap my fjr down. Seems as though the fairing would get in the way of the strap, even if i would strap at 45 degree angle. Any help would be appreciated! :D

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Run the straps around the forks, just above the lower triple clamp. Once you fish the straps through there, it'll make sense. Then another couple of straps to keep the front wheel from moving laterally and you're solid.

:)

·
Registered
426 Posts
Short figure-8 straps called Soft-Ties will help by giving you a place to attach the strap hooks away from paint and plastic.

·
Registered
737 Posts
@ amain and Liquid, if I didn't know better, you guys sound like a couple of HD riders....being so knowledgeable about trailering bikes and all. :crylarf:

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Some roads aren't worth the tires...

:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
living here on the coast, we don`t cross country ski across the miserable valley floor to get to the sierras , where all the good skiing is

·
Registered
737 Posts
panman said:
living here on the coast, we don`t cross country ski across the miserable valley floor to get to the sierras , where all the good skiing is
Bad comparison :? .... the valley floor has no snow to do it on. :roll:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Trailered my 05 to California and back with Canyon Dancer and had no problems whatsoever, wet did not affect them at all and the tie-downs stand approximately 2 inches off from ANY plastic.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I talked to the guy who manufacturers Canyon Dancers. He was real sketchy about specifics when asked if his product could be used to secure an FJR with no other tie downs used up front. Gave me some anecdotal tale about using a canyon Dancer to transport a dirt bike all over the desert in the back of a pickup with no problem. BIG difference between an FJR and a Honda CR 250 for sure. I've also heard rumor that a Canyon Dancer can snap a cast handlebar if too much force is used to tighten it. I think I'll just stick to riding mine instead. :ale:

·
Registered
405 Posts
I suppose if you hauled on a Canyon Dancer until all the give from the shocks is gone, you could snap a bar when you hit a big bump, but why would you do that? I put 2 tiedowns on the passenger peg brackets to hold the bike upright, then the Dancer on the grips to keep it snug against the front wheel brace; 7,500 miles with no problems.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've trucked and trailered my FJR. I've done it with a canyon dancer and with short straps around the forks, just above the lower triple clamp.

The Canyon Dancer is the easiest. It kinda buggers up the grips for a while, until they regain their form.

I also do a "no-no". I put the bike in position with the side stand down. Then I pull down the right side (opposite the side stand) until the side stand comes up well off floor. Then I go to the other side and pull left side until the side stand is maybe 1/8" off the floor. Depending on what else is going in with the bike, I either put the stand up or leave it down. I usually leave it down.

That way the front end isn't bottomed, but it's down pretty far. The side stand works as a visual indicator for me. Your results may vary.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts