FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is with a heavy heart that I bring this news to my fellow riders. A fall in early November caused injuries that should not have been detrimental to her life. As a matter of fact, after the accident, she was up and ready to go but for safeties sake, was taken home. Although her injuries did not appear to be life threatening, her insurance did not seem willing to work hard for her recovery. Since her dignity was being denied and she was basically placed in a ward where the smell of death was in the air, I felt that something had to be done. Repeated attempts on my part to intervene on her behalf proved futile. These delays only seemed to bring on more pain an anguish. I finally decided that I had to put her first in my decisions. Her needs were greater than mine. Since she was in so much pain I finally had to be merciful and let her go. We sadly said our good byes yesterday and ended her misery. My beautiful silver 04 FJR is deceased.

I know that at this time of year we should be rejoicing, but I am carrying this burden, that maybe I could have done more. The funeral will be a private affair for family members only. Any well wishes, visitors and gifts and will be gratefully accepted at our home.

On a happier note. A cobalt blue 06 FJR has been ordered with a spring delivery predicted.

PS from the wife,,, I hope he doesn't see a newer model wife and throw me down on the street! ACCIDENTLY! HMMMM?

--------------
Rocket
Life is graded on a curve.........So LEAN into it!

Mine:
2004 Yamaha FJR1300 Deceased
2003 Suzuki GSX-R1000
2001 Suzuki DRZ-400E

Hers:
2003 Suzuki SV650s
2002 Suzuki DRZ-250
2000 Triumph Sprint ST

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Lifted the front wheel in her honour yesterday. May you new one bring you much joy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Rocket,
You have my deepest sympathy. I, too, lost a loved one and I know your overwhelming grief. Although it's hard to believe, you will survive this. Perhaps someday another FJR will bring joy back into your life again, at least if they ever deliver the damn things. I got another '05 and missed out on being a waiter twice. I hope the '06 works great; other than the linked brakes it sounds like a better bike.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Monk 50: Damn, not too sympathetic. "Sorry you're dead, can I have your kidney?" Let the guy grieve a bit, eh?

·
Registered
124 Posts
But this is an offer to buy a kidney.

Did the dearly departed carry the card? :twisted:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The buzzards are circling. The stinch of death is in the air. This kill is over two months old and they are still digging at the grave. :cry:

Yeah, I have the bags from my 04. Got a few scratches but that is all. Had considered having them painted to match the 06 and use them for traveling and save the new ones. The more I think about it, I'm not sure I want to do that. I ride my bikes and a scratch or rock chip just adds character in my book. Anyone have any idea what these bags are worth?

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Whatever you can get for them :lol:

In the UK when we had to pay for them they cost £500 a pair new. The used ones that crop up on ebay.co.uk from time to time seem to go for around half that.

·
Registered
74 Posts
rocket,
may your departed one meet up with my deceased jade 04 on that great twisty road in the beyond. Roll on the cobalt one. :ale:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts