FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, everyone,

I could use a couple of opinions regarding torque wrenches.
I am specifically looking for one that will do 20-600 (or so)
inch-pounds that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, and that is
reasonably accurate.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance for your help (and time).

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Hi Jim

Here are a couple of Torque Wenches that might do the job:

but I have no idea as to what they cost (but nice arms and legs anyway), and I can only guess at the specs.

I am sure someone else will have proper advice and suggestions soon, but this will help pass the time while you wait.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Where are u located Jim ?

If you're from US, Sears have good torque wrenches, decent price.

There is also the brand Proto, very good product.

Snap-On & Norbar are good but expensive.

If ever you need it to be calibrated, let me know.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Torque Wrench...

I've had some bad experience with over torque, so I use them often.

Clicker types work well, but, boy do I work up a sweat sometimes waiting for the click! I was scared to death that I was going to strip the plugs when I torgued those little Iridium suckers in! Thankfully, apparently, Iridium plugs last a long, long time!

I torgued the wheels on my new Mustang GT with a "clicker" wrench. I've had if for years, always treated/handles gently, always backed off to lowest setting when in storage. But I have a "gauge" wrench also, you can watch as the torgue value climbs. I checked my wheels with that after the clicker was done. I think that they are over torgued. :( But I left them alone. Going to rotate them again near future.

So anyway, I think "guage" type wrenches are good. What say anyone else? Problem with them can be that it can be difficult to see the gauge at times, like when doing the oil plug. I use a mirror.

·
Registered
425 Posts
at work I use clickers...inch..low pound...high pound...a buddy of mine uses the viabrator style and likes them....Craftsman for the price...Matco for the durability....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts