FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me the torque spec for the engine mounting bolts that take the Motovation frame sliders?

·
Registered
737 Posts
joecbr1100 said:
Can anyone tell me the torque spec for the engine mounting bolts that take the Motovation frame sliders?
The mounting instructions for the MOKO tipover protectors calls for 55Nm about 40.5 f/lbs. I torqued mine 35 f/lbs.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I received my Motovation frame sliders today, went to fit them this evening and was somewhat alarmed to find that the engine mounting bolts on my new '06 were barely more than finger tight. It took no effort at all to start them turning. I'll have the bike in for the first service next week so I'll mention this. I imagine there are another pair of engine mounting bolts hidden behind the plastic that could also be loose.

I've torqued the frame sliders to 35 f/lbs

·
Registered
167 Posts
I torqued mine to the recommended 40 ft/lbs. I had read somewhere that the engine mounting bolts are often less than specification out of the dealer and that you should check them. When installing the slidrs, I was a little nervous torquing to 40. :shock:

BTW, Motovation does a real nice job on the sliders and the service.

·
Registered
23 Posts
fjr01 said:
I received my Motovation frame sliders today, went to fit them this evening and was somewhat alarmed to find that the engine mounting bolts on my new '06 were barely more than finger tight. It took no effort at all to start them turning. I'll have the bike in for the first service next week so I'll mention this. I imagine there are another pair of engine mounting bolts hidden behind the plastic that could also be loose.

I've torqued the frame sliders to 35 f/lbs
Mine were the same way from the factory. I torqued my sliders to 41. *shrug*

·
Registered
22 Posts
I noticed that all the fasteners on the bike were marked with a pen of some kind. I imagine this was to show that they had been tightened/checked :roll:

You guys are braver than me, going to 41 f/lbs.

I figured 35 should do it... certainly a lot tighter than they were!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I torqued my Motovation frame sliders to 35 ft lbs as per the service manual

I really like the sliders and think that they are a quality product at a good price

1 - 7 of 7 Posts