FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

just passing on a small piece of info regarding a recent issue. I live in Australia (Orstrulia to those in the US), and recently purchased a Top Box for my 05 Fifi. Stood in the shop whilst the guy rang Yamaha Australia and inquired as to stock availablality on the various parts...Top Box....Adapter Kit...Gold Plated Cushion...well I assumed it was gold plated due to the cost of the

Be Careful...the Yami dude told the service guys that he needed to order the new part number..Ok I thought...

Anyway, upon arrival home after waiting a couple of days for the bits, I opened the adapter kit up and looked and the instructions....WHAT THE??? This did not make sense....remove three screws from existing rack....THREE SCREWS!!! I only have one..and the other one is loose :)

Ok, check web site again...AH HA!! They have supplied 06 adapter, not 05 adapter. Ring and fix.....all was good until I started thinking about fitting passenger backrest (said...Solid Gold Plated Cushion). Hang on...where are the screws?? AUD$250 for a piece of rubber, plastic and Vinyl and no screws to fit it....they are in the instructions....anyway, yet another call to Yami to sort this out.....

Moral:
1. Be double sure of what your order (especially when a new model is around the corner).
2. Ensure that shop knows exactly what you want (say it three times)
3. Check all boxes and instructions before leaving the shop.
4. Always believe your partner...OUCH!...ok. honey, I typed it..see!!
5. Always let partner vet forum submissions
6. Always let partner vet.....
7. Always let partner vet.....

Dave

(and Irma)

See...I typed your name....Owe!! THAT HURT!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh....the good news!

Handlebar Risers from Motorcycle Larry......FAN_BLOODY_TASTIC!!!!!
Arrived quicker than something I ordered locally. Perfect Fit...
Only complaint...no plated substitute scew covers for Allen Key Bolts.

Far better riding position for older buggers like me..

Dave

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have had similar experiences in regards to ordering stuff from overseas, and having it at my front door in half the time of stuff ordered locally.
I baulked at the price of the yammy top box and brought an R Jays 45Lt top box. The Mounting plate sucks but I won't be using that plate much, not with the gear that i'm adding to the rear end of the bike.

My biggest gripe is not having enough time to ride :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts