FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may seem oxymoronic, or perhaps simply moronic, but I'm trying to find out if there are arm rests for the pillion which can be attached to the top box. The ST1300 has them...they're little things, just enough to give a little lateral support. I ride two up all the time, and this item is a 'requirement' for switching from a GL1800 to the FJR or the ST. :oops:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Try using this with your top box, I might take some time and effort to install and I don't know if there is any documentation out there on the Internet. I am not to sure the color will match your bike, but you could always paint or re-spray it. It didn't state the price but you can always call and ask for a quote. If you follow the link I gave you can see if you are interested. See link

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I figured this question would generate some abuse. Sort of the same reaction I got from one of the local Yama dealers this morning, when I stopped by to buy a few little parts, and asked him about it. Still, I need to know, as I said...no point in buying the FJR if my wife won't go with me.

A friend has offered to sell me his '05 ABS model, with a top box, and several thousand dollars worth of additional accessories, for $9,500. He's the sort takes such good care of his stuff it looks new when he thinks it's worn out. The heat coming off the engine, even after he did the usual, is still too much for him.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Mark Go said:
no point in buying the FJR if my wife won't go with me.
True, that's what R1's are for. My wife's never been on my FJR but I'm getting another one anyway. :p

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
On a slightly serious note, what are your reasons for looking at a rplacement for the wing?
If you're just after a lighter tourer than the GL1800 then go with the STX1300 and its pillion armrests, if you're looking for a more sports oriented bike, then get the FJR and teach her how to hang on. :twisted:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bounce said:
Mark Go said:
no point in buying the FJR if my wife won't go with me.
Hmmm... I thought that was exactly the reason!
No, that's what the race bike is for. Thanks to all for the snide responses, I believe I have my answer. :mrgreen:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts