FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ordered an 06 and am 63 years old. Is that too old to enjoy an FJR? Anybody on the site older than me? I do enjoy my Suzuki vs 800 but it doesn'l lean far enough to satisfy me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Peter, If you believe in 55, 63 or 70 you will never climb the hill you are supposed to be "over". It's only a number.
The FJR has so much Torque it is rumoured to be a time machine, reversing the aging process as you ride down the road. :wink:
Go for it!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Peter,

I'm 61.9 and have no difficulty with the FJR. Maybe when I'm 62 :lol:

The FJR is a bike for 'all seasons' and can be ridden like a cruiser, a tourer, a canyon screamer, etc. equally well. Thinking that if you can swing your leg over the saddle, you will love this machine. If you can't get the leg over, there's always the Burgman...

I have seriously thought of adding another bike, but can't come up with one that I would rather have. Maybe a dual sport, like the V-Strom? Or a nicely decked out GL1800 with matching camper trailer? No cruisers need apply with this rider. Been there, done that - can't go back.

Anyhow, the FJR comes first in my book.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Peter, I am 63 and I just ordered an 06 too. I hadn't ridden for about 15 years until last year when I bought my wife a Yamaha Majesty scooter. It is a very practical ride but, since I am not very practical, I have ordered the FJR for myself. Actually, my wife isn't taking too well to riding so I will be off by myself most of the time and will probably sell her scooter when the FJR arrives. I even ordered the FRJ from a dealer 2500 miles from where I live. Am looking forward to the ride home with the FJR. My last bike was a Honda 650 Nighthawk so the FJR is going to be a big step upward in terms of weight, power, etc. You only live once, though, so you had better go for it now rather than wait until you are 83.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm 64 and can honestly say I've never had so much fun on a bike as I'm having on my FJR. It looks as if I'm also going to be assuming a friend's position on a new R1 LE. Medical concerns have caused him to change plans. I doubt I'll use the R1 very often ....maybe a little track time here and there. If I scare myself too bad doing that I'll get rid of it. The point is, if you're in reasonably good shape, get the FJR and get out and enjoy life.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I will be 64 in less than a month. This summer I put 6,500 miles on a Honda CBR1000F in two weeks, including one 1,000 mile day and a couple of 900 mile days. I have an '06 FJR on order and looking forward to it. Note: I like the CBR so much, I figure it will be a toss up as to which one I keep.

Dick Frederick

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hey ! Chaps , what are SAGA quoting on insurance.
Just dont pigging dodder on it.
All I will say is , make sure you ride like it deserves , use that torque and speed.
Seen some sad cases around this way. dodderin on um!
There are some scooters that will suit, if not. The FJR aint just for lookin pretty.

Gawd I got an awful attitude at times.....

·
Registered
409 Posts
I'll be 62 in Jan. I love the FJR and if I could only have one bike (that'll never happen) I'd have to give up the GSXR 1000 and the Cruiser, and keep the FJR. :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Age?
Isn't that a state-of-mind?
I'm 74 and still love to ride. My wife is on the back most of the time,too.
I even enjoy wrenching on it when the snow is deep around here in NW Michigan.
If your friends try to discourage you, find new friends.

dobias :?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, all. I'm 63 4/5 and just arranged to buy a 2004 w/only 2200 miles on the clock. I'll raise that by 50% riding it home from Arizona. Hope to hell I'm not too old for this for a long time.

I've ridden Honda v4's, Wings, Triumphs, Kawasakis, even owned a '39 Zundapp with SS marks on the forks for a while. (no, I didn't put 'em there)

Looking forward to putting the FJR on Interstate 10 for a long fast ride back to Austin.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.