FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
FJR1300A 2008
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Riders,

Fans of the Beetle Bailey comic strip will probably remember any number of daily entries that built up to a very unlikely final result each time. Then General Halftrack comes around the corner and he is just baffled at the sight, asking "Now what?" Too many times in Utah, ya just gotta ask the same question.

So, here in my town there is a circle roundabout (the white dot), posted for10 mph (16 kph). The road going NorthWest goes in one side, and out the other. To the west, there is the freeway entrance ramp that you just departed to get to the roundabout. To the east, there is an irrigation canal and a residential part of a military base. There is NOTHING that this roundabout could ever connect to. Somebody just decided to put in a roundabout, for no discernable reason. Excess road funds, maybe? You can't make up this stuff. :rolleyes:
Aerial View:

Street View:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Speed bump

I remember a new local highway overpass being built here that was stuck in limbo for a couple years because the designers forgot to add an on-ramp. The construction contractors insisted it was built as per the plan and the city thought the contractors should add the on-ramp for free. SNAFU

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
What a silly question, it's there so motorcyclists can practice turning left. Duh.

• Haha
Reactions: skippy344!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Do you have a problem with kids drag racing on that street or perhaps traffic approaching 700 E at a high rate of speed? Because mikester’s speedbump theory sounds pretty feasible.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
it could be just to slow traffic down. I'm told that's the purpose of this one near my home in Arkansas. It also gives a way for traffic, such as emergency vehicles, to change direction easily if needed.

Map Plant Asphalt Tree Font

1 - 9 of 9 Posts