FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Have we (UK Owners mainly) seen todays MCN "Worlds First Test" article on our beloved 06 FJR?

Christ, they really make me laugh and wanna spit at the same time! Previously, they've slatted the FJR, poor this, poor that. Technically & mechanically, the 06 motor is the same as my 03. But now instead of everything being "poor" its now " deceptively quick", "slick" and "even more comfy"

"It has a new LARGER 25 litre tank". I must have the "SMALL" 25 litre tank on my 03 then??!

Completely contradictory report from these MCN people (Ride and the like), they must think that our memory is as bad as theirs? - or that we are as daft as them. In ALL (I know, I have them), previous articles on the FJR since 2001, the essence of test reports was at best middle of the road, average. The FJR is many things but it aint "average".

Suppose the upside is that in the "ridden & rated" section, for once (and it was lovely to see!) the STX got the same 8 out of 10 as the FJR. Previously, according to them and their associated publications, the STX was a far superior motorcycle, buy, ride, looker etc.

These people are supposed to be all knowing about our world of the motorcycle, but they can't even get a small detail like the tank correct. I for one would never rely or even take any of the gabbage these papers give as correct.

Sorry to rumble & ramble, had a bad day and reading the contradictions in that report just made it worse!

Thank god we all know whats what with the FJR eh? I'm off for a mug of de-caff,

Regards, Glenn. 8)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Glenn,

I haven't read the article. And after your comments I don't think I want to.
They're just a bunch of hacks. If we did our jobs so sloppily as they often do, we'd get the sack. :cry:

The secret for a glowing press report is a lavish junket for the gentlemen of the press. Maybe Mama Yama served them flat beer and stale pretzels for the launch of previous model years.

Stef

·
Registered
163 Posts
At the end of the day we know what we like, and no ammount of rubbish road test write is going to change owners opinions.

My previous bike was the XJR Yamaha which was brilliant. All the mags rate the handling as poor, bad this and that but all the owners I have met (XJR owners club) absolutley swear by them, and I was really close to having another, but finances allowed me to purchase the FJR last year and I love it-- now if I could afford it I'd buy my old XJR back again and have 2 bikes but that's just greedy.

As for the MCN report I shall read it later

Teejay

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.