FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my fazer there was a check to see if this was set at the right position, you pulled the multiplug of the TPS off the connector and turned the ignition on and then re connected the TPS, if it was set right it would show on the rev counter at 5000 rpm, if it showed 0 rpm or 10000 rpm it then needed adjusting after the carbs had been synchronized. Is it the same on the FJR? I have just done the throttlebody sync and wondered if you can check the TPS this way? I have looked in the manual and it doesn't mention anything about the TPS.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The manual goes into detail concerning diagnosis mode, Section 7 IIRC. In there you will find the setup for observing the TPS in operation, and what to look for.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
coppertop said:
On my fazer there was a check to see if this was set at the right position, you pulled the multiplug of the TPS off the connector and turned the ignition on and then re connected the TPS, if it was set right it would show on the rev counter at 5000 rpm, if it showed 0 rpm or 10000 rpm it then needed adjusting after the carbs had been synchronized. Is it the same on the FJR? I have just done the throttlebody sync and wondered if you can check the TPS this way? I have looked in the manual and it doesn't mention anything about the TPS.
I havnt heard of that method being used on an Fjr!, But it would be a nice trick if it worked. 8)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK cheers, it was dead simple on the fazer, I was hoping it was the same on the FJR, never mind.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts