FJR Owners Forum banner

Three day old FJR1300 tipped...

6K views 59 replies 30 participants last post by  jjscsix 
#1 · (Edited)
So yeah. I pulled the trigger and am now the owner of a 2021 FJR1300. Yay me.

Now the bad (which needs little explanation beyond the subject). I thought I had propped the kickstand but instead had apparently only just pushed the center stand down a few inches and it of course flipped right back up like a good center stand does. However my left foot slipped and in something that I can only explain as happening in slow motion, down she went. I managed to slow the drop and probably avoided serious damage, but the mirror, stator cover and a touch of the side case took some damage.

Are the 2021's exactly the same as the 2020's? Specifically the color? I am going to buy a new stator cover and gasket as well as the left hand mirror but apparently none of the parts houses online have the 2021 FJR in their parts catalog yet. From what I can see I should be able to buy all of those parts as though the bike was a 2020 and they should fit perfectly, even the colors seem to be the same for each year. But then again, I don't really feel like pushing my luck right now, all things considered.

Am I safe to order 2020 parts?

(next on my to-do list, purchase some drop bars)

See less See more
#52 ·
Vstrom dl1000 is 10x worse than an FJR in terms of getting it on the center stand.

#55 ·
Kind of unrelated, but I always thought was pretty ingenious, was the center stand for my Kawasaki Voyager XII.

Here is a video demo:

#59 ·
I mostly roll up to park in first gear and kill the engine with the side stand...... shouldn't roll then unless you're on a steeper downhill....

Reactions: skippy344!
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.