FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Travelling at a brisk rate of speed through the twisting mountainous two lane not far from my homestead, the thought occured to me how little physical change to the bike it takes to inspire grand visions of success and power. The justification for the ride was merely an oil change in the crankcase and rear differential. The impression the bike made on me was of superior response and virility.

Logically, I knew this can not be so. Being the season for 32k servicing, my mind naturally was listing the remainder of tasks to be performed; throttle body sync, side stand lube and exhaust leak check. As each item ran through my mind, the FJR responded more powerfully. Fluidness describes how he attacked the curves, masculine was the feel of the brakes as we pulled down from speed. If this is the result of "thinking of servicing", the mind races to think of how one would interpret actual physical improvements to the bike. New tires, a shock or a change of brake fluid.

How little the easily impressed mind is swayed.

In San Diego,
BAGSTR

·
Registered
405 Posts
Bagstr, you beaut. Perfect description. A new tire or 2 and the bike just flies. There's no end to the grip. An oil change and suddenly, you're faster, quieter than anything else on the road. And its all in your head!

·
Registered
71 Posts
have you noticed when you drive around almost out of gas and you finally notice then you nurse it to the next gas then when you fill it it runs like a bat outta hell ?

seemingly any attention given her at all pays dividends....

oh and the same goes for the bike ! :lol:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ARK,

You bet!

BAGSTR

·
Registered
47 Posts
Same is true of a wash and wax, fresh set of plugs, etc etc. Actually, fresh oil can improve compression and lower friction, depending on how old the the oil was, so on a machine like a motorcycle, where the smallest changes can be noticed because of the nature of the machine, you're not mistaken Bags.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Confidence, "they" say is everything. Upgrading brakes and suspension has become status quo for the last 3 motorcycles. The return investment is the preception of greater control = confidence. Of course making them faster....eh...er...run better is a plus too. :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.