FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Hi Peter. I don't think my bike was ever that clean, or my driveway so free of weeds. Looks great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is a picture from 17-09-2004 that's the day I'have bought my bike, just from the showroom.. :lol: :lol:

Peter

·
Registered
372 Posts
I new it was showroom, you can see the rubber nubbins on the rear tire.
She's a beauty, too bad its that slower, detuned blue colour... :lol:

·
Registered
124 Posts
The blue was only detuned for the North American market using the same mod that wound down the black ones in Australasia.

Here in Europe the blues are the fastest.

·
Registered
632 Posts
And you left the ignition on ! [why else is the screen up?]

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
I know I shouldn't bite on the bait, but..... :twisted:

The blue was only detuned for the North American market using the same mod that wound down the black ones in Australasia.

OK you bunch of Euro-girls, I'll show you mine even if you won't show me yours:

It's the French and pommy ones that are detuned - I mean, we would ride around that little island of yours twice before breakfast, and then around the other way before lunch to even out the wear on each side of the tyre :mrgreen:

Off for a breakfast ride now - I need to relax and get out more :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
Kewl, 'nother Dutchie. I was in your neck of the woods last week when the weather was so nice. I did come across another blue one.

·
Registered
124 Posts
david1300 said:
Ah yes - PhotoShop. :wink:

Seems to get used a lot as I saw a picture in today's paper where Camilla Parker-Wottsit almost looked attractive. Had to be PhotoShop.

·
Registered
10 Posts
david1300 said:
I know I shouldn't bite on the bait, but..... :twisted:

It's the French and pommy ones that are detuned - I mean, we would ride around that little island of yours twice before breakfast, and then around the other way before lunch to even out the wear on each side of the tyre :mrgreen:

Off for a breakfast ride now - I need to relax and get out more :D
Now I am the one that shouldn't bite on this bait... but look at mine.. :?

Those numbers are in miles so you may want to convert them

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
@huron - interesting how similar some things are:
Total distance: you 1019 miles, me 1027 miles
Travelling time: you 14:38, me 14:45
Moving average: you 69.6 mph me 69.6 mph
My stopped time was longer as I stopped to take 'Roadkill Safari' pics along the way.
Also, you didn't wander onto any private roads: Max speed 102 mph, me 148 mph
Your finish time 9:54pm (start would have been around 5 am), my finish time 9:05 pm (start around 2:30 am)

Looks like you had a good ride

·
Registered
10 Posts
david [email protected]
I am Canadian but I leave my GPS on Miles so that I can tell speed in the greater US of A . I also haven't worried about changing the the time setting so I actually started at 6am and finished at 10:54 pm

I tried to keep my stops to the min. but even that it's tough to do.

Also most all my riding was on 4 lane highways where I could keep up my average speed.

It is interesting to see someone elses run times.... I do remember your written report with pictures on that ride at the time on the old site.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts