FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 FJR1300A
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a 2022 FJR1300ES today to replace my 2015 FJR1300A. Feel really good about the upgrade.
Asked the sales person why was there only two keyed locks (for the saddlebags) and not a third keyed lock (for the top box) included with the bike as was with my 2015 FJR. He told me 2022 Top Boxes now come with a lock that all you have to do is insert your existing key and the tumblers would adjust positioning to accept that key and then the lock would be set to accept only that key going forward. Didn't seem right to me. Anybody hear of this?

·
Registered
2020 FJR1300ES
209 Posts
Nope. You should've gotten the 3rd lock at purchase.
Did you buy the bike new?

·
Registered
2009 FJR 1300AE
717 Posts
I've heard of the self setting locksets before infact some time ago when I was changing doors and locks on my house I used them so my doors are now keyed alike but I've never heard of it for a bike. Not sure it could work on those small cylinders. Would have been nice if that was available to the dealer when they did my ignition switch recall so I wouldn't have the extra key now. :unsure:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts