FJR Owners Forum banner
1121 - 1140 of 1170 Posts

· Registered
2015 fjr 1957 HD FLH 1973 moto guzzi 850 eldo
134 Posts
I do ride quite a bit usually 10,000 plus a year I just do it on one bike. I'm 6'2"" 225 pounds so I ain't small the fjr fits me nicely. Went from a 2001 kaw voyager 1200 to the fjr and lost 300 pounds and some bulk. I have lots of old motorcycles I ride locally I just switch the historical tag to it. No I didn't just say that..65 honda s90,1970 ct70,65 cb160,70 cl450. Two kawasaki w1's,1970 bsa441 and 500 royal star. And my 73 moto guzzi 850 and dirt bikes I still ride often. My king of the dirt bikes 2001 honda xr650r and it's not stock. This thing is freekin fast. Starting to get hard for these old bones to hold onto these fast bikes.

· Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,122 ·
Anyone seen the '23 KTM 890 Adventure? Looks like they morphed the Norden and 890 Adventure into 1 bike. Pretty cool actually.

I just read that the BMW boxer is going to 1300cc. The BMW 850 became a 900. Rumors abound about a KTM 990. Why can't manufacturers leave displacement alone? I know its to dazzle us with the latest and greatest but sometimes less is more.

· Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,123 ·
Ok I've wimped out the last 10 days and not ridden. Waiting for temps not to have a - in front of them. We still have snow on the roads from last week too. Is anyone able to keep riding in this? I imagine the Ferret is still at it!

· Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,125 ·
Lee, I'm sure the weather in FL is great for riding. Only 1 problem, it's in FL and I don't like riding there. Too many really dangerous drivers not to mention flat and straight roads. I rode today in Wisconsin, expect to ride the next few days too.

· Registered
590 Posts
Getting back to the point of this thread, going lighter.

Damn. This popped up today. I so loved my N1K; this one is gorgeous, color combo is fantastic and only a few mods away from near perfection, the UJM of lightweight STs. I just wish it was a better 2-up bike... but it's still not. Doesn't matter as it's a lovely ride anyway. Somebody is going to be very happy w/this bike.
Lee

· Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,131 ·
That Ninja is nice but kind of pricey. I guess cheaper than any similar European bike. Yes it is lighter than the FJR but heavier than the 890 Adventure. If I had to pick 1 bike to be an only bike of course it would be my 890 Adventure. But for some reason if I had to pick an alternate it would be that silly KLR. I put another 35 miles on it today January 1st in Wisconsin! I can't believe an underpowered 650 single can be so much fun.

· Registered
590 Posts
I agree the price of that particular N1K is a bit high but that dealer is known for selling bikes of solid quality and the N1K, especially '17 & up, are solid bikes w/solid reputations and more performance than I'll ever use. $ for $, I'd still take that bike over just about any other ST out there, Japanese or Euro, as it suits all my wants/needs/desires and is, thank God, close to that 500 lbs. range- not like this gut-busting pig FJR!

I love this bike's color combo- find it striking. So tired of mundanely colored bikes, especially the black ones. If I never own another black bike I'll be quite happy.

And having previously owned an N1K only tweaks my like for this bike even more. Throw on a better seat, some Murph's risers & peg extenders, a Kaoko throttle lock and a set of Grip Puppies and Bob's yer uncle. I could easily see that as my last bike. If only it worked better as a 2-up bike... but it doesn't so the FJR is staying.

· Registered
1,818 Posts
Ok I've wimped out the last 10 days and not ridden. Waiting for temps not to have a - in front of them. We still have snow on the roads from last week too. Is anyone able to keep riding in this? I imagine the Ferret is still at it!

a nice ice crystal waterfall

LOL well I've ridden every day of the new year so far.

Ended up 2022 with 318 days ridden and 20,037 miles for the year. A little under my average for the last decade of 22,552. Missed the last few days of December due to the "storm of a generation" but that has melted away and I'm back at it.

· Premium Member
541 Posts
Reactions: the Ferret

· Registered
1,818 Posts
My son got me that poster for Christmas 2013, and it really made me up my game, going from 241 days a year of riding in 2014 to a high of 350 days riding in 2020. I've only had 2 years under 300 days riding since 2016 and they were in the 290's. BTW I live in the 308 days riding zone of southern Ohio.

Look at San Diego area 364 out of 365. Wonder what weather event they have on that 365th day lol.

· Premium Member
2,334 Posts
I would like to see how they define "Rideable". Must include rain, snow, fire and brimstone.

· Registered
1,818 Posts

· Premium Member
2,334 Posts

· Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,139 ·
I did a total of 103 mikes on January 1&2 here in WI. Temps were a balmy 35-39 degrees. I saw a couple guys out ice fishing yesterday, a wave was exchanged and thought they were nuts to be out there then I imagine they thought the same about the guy on the motorcycle. Something wicked cool about riding by frozen lakes and snow drifts. My friend riding with me yesterday was on a naked bike, no heated grips no windshield. That's tough! Today rain all day so I took a pass.

1121 - 1140 of 1170 Posts