FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
721 - 740 of 759 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
"This one’s a keeper for sure."

I'll believe it when I see it, Don but glad you and the bike are working out so well!
Lee

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #722 ·
Anyone seen photos of the new Husqvarna Norden 901? Looks like it could be pretty close to perfect. The same KTM 890 that I’ve come to love with a better fairing. What’s not to like about that?!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Don, I'll be polite and say you've got some interesting tastes in bikes!

What a year tho for lightweight ST's! First Suzuki releases a direct competitor to the almighty Ninja 1000, it's very own GSX-S1000GT+, which I am seriously digging. Wowsa, that bike just rings all the right bells for me and having never owned a Suzuki in my 45 years of riding, this one calls out to me. And then Triumph releases the new Tiger Sport 660, another slam dunk except for the fact that it's missing cruise control. Don't know why Triumph left it off. Can a new 1200CC Sprint be far behind? And then there's Honda waiting in the wings w/the arrival of the pending NT1100. Not ADV's, actual lightweight ST's, thank goodness. Good thing I'm an inveterate cheapskate and never buy new or else I'd be in serious trouble.

No, I'm not quite ready to part w/the Z900RS (especially since I've sworn this is likely my last bike) but it's nice to know there will be options should I decide to abandon the world of the UJMs (again) and return to a proper ST.

On a side note, I found myself seriously missing the FJR this past weekend. Took a road trip and part of it included some fairly significant miles on a windy, crowded I-95. Up until about an indicated 70-75 mph, the RS handles itself pretty well but anything above that speed, you gotta hang on tight. It got pretty uncomfortable and the guy I was riding with really pushed the speed limit. I was glad when we finally got on some city surface streets and slowed down. Honestly, it just wasn't a lot of fun. On the FJR, I likely could've taken a nap and it had me temporarily re-thinking my decision about the RS for a while there!

I did, however, finally get my bikini fairing for the RS. Took 3 months to get made and shipped from Japan. It's a beautiful piece of kit, yet to be installed. I don't honestly think it'll provide much protection from the elements but it sure is a sweet looking piece and will add to the bike's already damn sexy appearance. I'll post pics once installed.

Best to all.

Lee

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #724 · (Edited)
Lee, are we talking styling or performance? I was told when I bought my first KTM some people get it some don’t. I get it.

I’m just back from a 2 day 1200 mile ride across Iowa. Some great roads in Iowa but the best ones are in the SW and NE corners with a lot of corn in the middle. Did less than 50 miles of slab the rest were State and County roads. Fantastic scenery great riding. The 890 Adventure performed admirably as is getting to be expected. Bike is less than 4 months old and has 6300 miles on it, guess I’m liking it.

·
Registered
136 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Glad that bike is working out for you, Don. We all could use a little peace in this world.

It's been an interesting season for new bikes. Lots of great new, attractive models from the physical and performance perspective. I've always valued function over form but some bikes are just so fugly I can't get past their looks, no matter how good they may perform.

And I still prefer my '21 green/yellow color combo'ed Z900RS over the new SE version. Since I ride like a nancy girl, I've found the overall performance of the bike to meet most of my needs. Top rated suspension and brakes would be overkill for me.
Lee

Attachments

·
Registered
594 Posts
Boy that Z900RS SE is a pretty bike. Perhaps Honda could learn a bit from their designers on how to make a modern version of a classic in order to keep the CB classic design around, yet updated to meet emissions standards.
Personally i thought the revamped CB1000r was amazing looking! Just didnt push my buttons when i sat on it really, but it was being considered!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Boy that Z900RS SE is a pretty bike. Perhaps Honda could learn a bit from their designers on how to make a modern version of a classic in order to keep the CB classic design around, yet updated to meet emissions standards.

That Bike and the Triumph Thruxton R are by far the best retro bikes ever. Well, I would include the Eddie Lawson replica - the ZRX.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Anyone seen photos of the new Husqvarna Norden 901? Looks like it could be pretty close to perfect. The same KTM 890 that I’ve come to love with a better fairing. What’s not to like about that?!
Well, for starters it’s an adventure Bike. And anything else not to like doesn’t matter after that ;) :)

·
Registered
594 Posts
Although lacking in power, I found the CB1100RS a looker but regrettably, Honda didn't bring that bike here to 'Murica.
View attachment 81640
That one is nice too. We have the regular CB1100 here..just not that one.

This is sexy to me...
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Motorcycle Toy

Reactions: Whoops

·
Registered
136 Posts
That one is nice too. We have the regular CB1100 here..just not that one.

This is sexy to me...
I just like Hondas and I liked the "all black" version that is out this year, but I had to limit my choices (the wife said so) and went with the CB1100 and an FJR. But man that Kawa has me drooling on my sleeve. That model you posted would look so much better with silver wheels.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #735 ·
Parallel twins seem the way to go these day. Looking forward to the NT1100 release and reading some reviews.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I'm looking forward to this bike's release, the new Suzuki GSX1000ST and the Triumph Tiger Sport 660. And a buddy of mine went yday to check out the new Ducati V2 ST. Gonna be a solid year for lightweight ST's.
Lee

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #737 ·
Wait! Lee before you get too excited about it you realize the Ducati V2 is still a European bike don’t you?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Oh believe me, the Duc is not my style- no way I'd go for one of those, Don. The Triumph? Maybe but anything from Italy/Germany/France or elsewhere on the continent? Not very likely. I was just pointing out that the ST segment is getting some attention this year, thankfully over ADVs.
Lee

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000 CBF1000 VFR800
9,316 Posts
Just to satisfy my curiosity, I visited a multi-brand dealer yesterday..... as far as lighter, I sat on a new Tracer9 GT (has potential over the Tracer900 GT IMHO, but I'm not buying new), and a few used bikes.... a 2006 Bandit, a ZX14 (not gonna happen, lol), a Ninja 1000SX (actually not too bad, I can see it as a sport tourer)......

·
Registered
775 Posts
Wait! Lee before you get too excited about it you realize the Ducati V2 is still a European bike don’t you?
The V2 is also not even close to a sport touring bike. It’s an all out SuperSport. Is there some new Ducati I’m not aware of? I searched and did not find anything.

721 - 740 of 759 Posts