FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today i had an opportunity to sit on the 2006,its so much higher then the yrs before that i am getting second thoughts of taking delivery,of this bike at 5;7 i am at my tippy toes and i feel i need at least 2 inches of lowering it ,if any one else addressed this issue or have advice i could sure use it.if the bike was lowered how much performance would i lose and will i scrape to the point of like a cruiser

·
Registered
40 Posts
fjrk9 said:
today i had an opportunity to sit on the 2006,its so much higher then the yrs before that i am getting second thoughts of taking delivery,of this bike at 5;7 i am at my tippy toes and i feel i need at least 2 inches of lowering it ,if any one else addressed this issue or have advice i could sure use it.if the bike was lowered how much performance would i lose and will i scrape to the point of like a cruiser
Actually, make sure they had the seat set at the 'low' setting. IIRC, the seat height is about the same as the old ones at the 'low' setting. Changing the position takes literally about 60 seconds, just look in the manual.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Are you sure the seat was in the lowest position when you set on it? 31.5" is about as good as it gets in the sport or sport touring line.

hhhhmmmm......mindtrip beat my key stroke. :crylarf:

·
Registered
737 Posts
The height of the seat of the '06's maybe the same, BUT it's WIDER than previous FJR's. Talk about tippy toeing, :shock: I'm challenged with my 29" inseam. Probably have to get a custem seat. :(

·
Registered
223 Posts
Get a good electric staple gun petey, take the skin off and use an electric knife to trim the top edges and side a little. The cover will tighten right back up and look good. A friend of mine at 5' 5" did this and it worked real well for him.

·
Registered
250 Posts
fjrk9 said:
I'm 5'7" with a - 28.5 inseam and have to tippy toe my 06. I just make sure not to park anyplace where I need to back up hill and try to avoid stopping on unever road surfaces. I've pretty much always been in this situation. Once you get rolling -- it doesn't matter -- in fact you have more leg room than the other guys. :crylarf:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts