FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
It was like that in Lima, Peru. Here in America the contest is "Me First" where everyone tries to cut off anyone. There the contest seemed to be "Let's see how fast we can all go while keeping everything moving." The flow was amazing, and it was more of an ant colony collective than a block and dodge like here. I don't recall seeing a single driver get mad. Two toots on the horn meant "come out, here's a space" not "hey, get the FFFF out of the way!"

·
Registered
426 Posts
My wife and I were in Puerto Vallarta last week and rode into town on the bus a few times. Narrow streets jammed with traffic consisting of small cars, 150 & 250cc bikes and hundreds of buses like ours. The drivers were very skilled but newbies like us were white-knuckled most of the time. We both cracked up when we saw one of our drivers had a No Fear sticker on his dashboard. :shock: :crylarf:

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Did you notice that the only 'delay' was about 20 secs in (guessing) just after the Gas truck turns - a bike enters from the bottom with a pillion dressed in white. I think the fact that the pillion was sitting side-saddle caused the delay/hesitation. :crylarf:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts