Fjrowners.com banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Dang Chuck, that is serious. Would have never thought of leaving my bike, but I suppose that was the smartest thing to do. How long did you have to leave them up there?

I like hardcore dudes when it comes to motorcycling.

Awesome pics btw.
We Hitch Hiked back down to Pagosa Springs, and called our Road Side assistance. By the time he got there and got us back up to the bikes the storm was over and the roads were safe to ride back down to Pagosa Springs. All this in about 4 hours. It was a fast moving storm. We got our hotel room back and sat on the patio drinking beer the rest of the day. Then headed back up the mountain the next morning to very blue sunny skies.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
We Hitch Hiked back down to Pagosa Springs, and called our Road Side assistance. By the time he got there and got us back up to the bikes the storm was over and the roads were safe to ride back down to Pagosa Springs. All this in about 4 hours. It was a fast moving storm. We got our hotel room back and sat on the patio drinking beer the rest of the day. Then headed back up the mountain the next morning to very blue sunny skies.
Wow, that's wild. 4 hours. Heck it snowed here day before yesterday and the roads are still too snowy/icy to ride. lol

·
Registered
247 Posts
Wow, that's wild. 4 hours. Heck it snowed here day before yesterday and the roads are still too snowy/icy to ride. lol
What can I say. Late Mountain Spring Storms. Like I said, if you ride the Rockies Mountains, be prepared as any thing can happen weather wise in the mountains. Same thing if you ever get the chance to ride the Alps.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
What can I say. Late Mountain Spring Storms. Like I said, if you ride the Rockies Mountains, be prepared as any thing can happen weather wise in the mountains. Same thing if you ever get the chance to ride the Alps.
Yea I've ridden both. No surprises in the Alps but was suprised by a sudden ice pellet storm after going thru Berthoud Pass on Rt 40 ( iirc) in Colorado.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Left Denver late April a couple years ago on the FJR about 6:30 am heading west on I70. Checked with CO DOT and was told it was sunny and roads were dry through Vail Pass. Came out of the Eisenhower Tunnel into a blizzard. Roads were more slush than snow so I kept going and once I made it down to Gypsum yup it was sunny and the roads were dry. Weather in the mountains can be unpredictable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oh man you're third picture gets me all clenched up! and in the fourth one there's slush built up under the front fender. No way man! Not for me. I'll ride down into the high 20's but not if there's going to be a "chance of moisture" since I don't know what kind of moisture it'll be. Every rider has their limits and yours is definitely below mine! 😁

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Lol I didnt PLAN to ride in it, just sorta happened

21 - 27 of 27 Posts