FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
broward motorsports davie fl put my order in on early oct,been getting the run around on the fjr ,north america yamaha says june,dealer says aug thats almost a year old bike full sticker and 10 month wat time,dealer says will refund my money,what do i do?i hear rumors honda coming out with a brand new st 1300 less wieght more power,highly discouraged wondering if i should get legal advice,i feel like i wasted all this time but i did enjoy time on the forums...........................

·
Super Moderator
3,947 Posts
Stick it out.

No wait! Why wait on something you new was going to be a wait? Walk! Kick the dealer in the ass as you walk out the door. He'll be sorry!

What legal recourse do you expect to have? What does your written contract (PdP agreement) state for delivery? Nothing firm, I'd bet. It's been documented here and in other forums since 2002 that there's nothing in writing on a firm delivery date. Yamaha wouldn't paint themselves in a corner when there are shipping companies and other that could impact their deliveries with a strike, etc. Salesmen are salesmen. If you believed them on a firm date, then you must be a youngun! Chalk it up to a life lesson.

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
Sounds like somebody didn't send your deposit in correctly. Bad joss.

:)

·
Registered
426 Posts
Get your refund. There was no need to pay full price even in the beginning. There will be many FJR's for sale on dealer's floors and inevitably a few offered up when a buyer can't cough up the money on delivery. There will also be a few bought and put up for resale because the buyer just plain doesn't like it. Watch Cycletrader.com and Ebay for both new and slightly used. You could also start calling dealers randomly and see what they have.

On the bright side, you may even be able to test ride one before you buy.
Good luck!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
YOU WAIT MY KNOW IT ALL FRIEND BOUNCE WITH THE SMART ANSWERS, I DID MY HOME WORK AND MY BIKE WAS SOLD OUT TO SOME ONE ELSE I GUESS BEING TOLD 10 MONTHS SHOULD ONLY BOTHER ME SINCE GUYS LIKE YOU GOT YOUR BIKE RIGHT AWAY ,ANY WAY I HAVE A FJR COMING LEAVING TOMOROW IF I AGREE ON THE COMPENSATION THAT YAMAHA OFFERED TO MAKE UP FOR THIER SCREW UP.THANKS FOR THE REST OF YOU THAT GAVE ME THE SUPPORT TO FOLLOW THRU........................................

·
Registered
24 Posts
fjrk9 said:
YOU WAIT MY KNOW IT ALL FRIEND BOUNCE WITH THE SMART ANSWERS, I DID MY HOME WORK AND MY BIKE WAS SOLD OUT TO SOME ONE ELSE I GUESS BEING TOLD 10 MONTHS SHOULD ONLY BOTHER ME SINCE GUYS LIKE YOU GOT YOUR BIKE RIGHT AWAY ,ANY WAY I HAVE A FJR COMING LEAVING TOMOROW IF I AGREE ON THE COMPENSATION THAT YAMAHA OFFERED TO MAKE UP FOR THIER SCREW UP.THANKS FOR THE REST OF YOU THAT GAVE ME THE SUPPORT TO FOLLOW THRU........................................
What kind of compensation did Yamaha agree to give you?

The reason that I ask is that I had an 06 delivered the 2nd week of May that had a damaged tank. And, I would not take delivery of if; Therefore, the new tank will take at least until August.

Personally, I am close to telling them to kiss my grits as per I already have 3 new Yamaha's anyway. But compensation? um', here's a chance to maybe get some free stuff?

·
Super Moderator
3,947 Posts
Got my bike rght away? You're new around here, right?

I bought mine in the first wave of US PdP's and waited along with everyone else on a bike that had never even been seen in the US. There was no "history" or trip reports or even any other forums besides this one at the time. We all waited without a given delivery date; knowing that no one could promise anything because the shipping chanels aren't owned by Yamaha and that delays could happen. For those on the west coast, a strike (dock workers, I think) did cause delivery delays, IIRC.

The point is that everyone in the US has either bought through the gray market (dealership "ghost" buyers) or waited for their PdP purchase. No one has ever known a specific delivery date and most are only vaguely hoping for a certain delivery month.

Does PdP waiting suck? Sure. Are there any up sides to PdP? Sure -- the ability to shop around for a below-MSRP price if you're willing to travel a little bit to take delivery. Is PdP a mystery? No way! All the history of how it really works and how delivery promises are all bogus are there in these forums for anyone to research who has half an ounce of motivation to do their legwork. 4 years worth of first-hand experiences are there for the reading.

Those of us who read these sob stories year after year eventually get a little calloused to those who listen to a salesman but either don't read or don't understand a (PdP) contract before signing it. It's a shame you feel taken advantage of. Unfortunately, outside of the dealership never sending in your PdP deposit, the hollow promise of a specific delivery date by a salesman (misleading though it may be) is the stuff of life (cars too, by the way). That was what my original point was.

If they didn't send in your PdP deposit I hope it costs them their dealership. If they really did sell the bike out from under you (who knows, maybe they said that to CYA that they never sent your deposit in), then the same thing should happen. Beyond that, I hope that you and others learn to not trust salesmen at bike and car dealerships. Regardless of what they say to the contrary, they are NOT your friend and they are NOT trying to help you get the best deal you can from the owner.

WAITER! Where's that second helping of "curmudgeon" I ordered?

·
Registered
24 Posts
20valves said:
LSUBOY said:
But compensation? um', here's a chance to maybe get some free stuff?
good grief. No wait, you're kidding, right? :wink:
Two hours later and I'm trying to figure out what your post meant.............. maybee you could be a little more spacific?

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
LSUBOY said:
Two hours later and I'm trying to figure out what your post meant.............. maybe you could be a little more specific?
Damn, two hours, don't hurt yourself!

I just was commenting on the mentality of asking Yam for free stuff when they didn't do a damn thing wrong. It's up to the dealer to handle the PDP contract. If the guy put his $500 down without signing a contract, he screwed up. If he paid, signed a PDP contract and the dealer sold it to someone else, how is that Yamaha's fault? That's a dishonest dealer. I would hope Yamaha would take a very dim view of that kind of crap, I know his local judge will and he should be able to nail the dealer for specific performance.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
to bring every one up to date ,yamaha offered me a bike at any dealer ,plus am also getting a free extended warranty from yamaha,my bike was shipped friday and i am closing the deal with the origanal dealer .....................

·
Registered
949 Posts
Acmemfg said:
I guess I'd jump on that...just get everything in writing.
You can only "jump up and down" in anger for so long - it just isn't efficient in getting results. Get the deal in writing, be politely persistent in contacting the dealership EVERY day regarding progress - they will be very glad to see you and the bike go out the door, enjoy the bike but forget NOTHING about the "learning experience". Doesn't have to become a "revenge" issue but I have always had a very, very long memory for those who have helped me and those who have deliberately made things difficult particularly in business.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts