FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning when I woke up and looked out of the window, everything again was covered with a thin layer of ice.
Who knows when spring will arrive in my country to allow me to make my first trip on my new baby.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Thin layer of ice, we've had up to 10 inches of snow this week :(

·
Registered
728 Posts
Here in Burgundy, the snow is very deep. It's been snowing all night and there's no sign of a let up.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Here in Cambridge it "BEAUTIFUL", Sky's are blue, ok so it may be minus 2 outside right now but it was a lovely ride through the frosty fens to work this morning.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Don't worry, by midweek here it's going to turn to rain :crylarf:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hey Walrus,

Seen some nice looking holiday places overlooking the sea at Workum - do you know it by any chance? Looks like it would make a nice ride from the Chunnel??

When the weather is better of course!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CarMan said:
Hey Walrus,

Seen some nice looking holiday places overlooking the sea at Workum - do you know it by any chance? Looks like it would make a nice ride from the Chunnel??

When the weather is better of course!
Nice area around Workum.
It's the lake district of The Netherlands.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kaj said:
Just be happy that you aren't living in Finland...we still have 50cm snow everywhere. It will take at least until April before we can start riding.

But my -06 will be waiting for me...
I should be happy, Kaj, but I'm not!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
You will have to go clean your new bike (again) Walrus, just to make sure it's clean for your next ride. We need our members with a new bike to set an example you know.

No farkles to fit yet? remember you had quite a few on your last bike.

Failing that, go sit on her and say vroom, vroom...... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
558 Posts
You have been busy Toon, last time we saw the garden it was just waste land..

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Rabbit1300 said:
You will have to go clean your new bike (again) Walrus, just to make sure it's clean for your next ride. We need our members with a new bike to set an example you know.

No farkles to fit yet? remember you had quite a few on your last bike.

Failing that, go sit on her and say vroom, vroom...... :mrgreen:
I worked the whole week on the farkles.
I'll soon make a list (and piccies) of all the changes I made without one mile of riding yet :lol:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sherlock said:
You have been busy Toon, last time we saw the garden it was just waste land..
Yes, I did a good job there.
I have build up some credits.
Maybe she let me go for some 20.000 kilometers this summer 8)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Tony, there is no such thing as a nice ride across the Fens, riding out of the Fens is nice......
Fens are ok, lots of nice (all be it bumpy) emptyish roads, to fly around. Lots of tractors to dodge!!, all adds to the interest :roll:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Walrus said:
I worked the whole week on the farkles.
I'll soon make a list (and piccies) of all the changes I made without one mile of riding yet :lol:
I know the feeling! One Borrowed MRA screen fitted. New Front Wheel Bearings. New Heated Grips fitted. Vistacruise Throttle lock fitted.

Kilometers ridden? 0

·
Registered
361 Posts
Walrus,

Sell your house....pack-up the family....and the bike.....

Move to Australia mate. I moved to Australia from Holland 24 Years ago....and I love every minute of it.

I must say though......Here in Brisbane.....It was too hot to ride a few weeks ago! (only teasing mate!!!)

Moose

1 - 20 of 24 Posts