FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my recent searches, I've found the new face of the 2007 Yamaha R1 super sport bike.

For those of you who might be thinking about getting a SS bike next year, better think again as this bike is truly the daddy of the new R6!!! :wink:

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
That looks like a photo shop job but does look very nice. I am sure the 07 R1 will be a complete redo and have strong M1 and R6 influences. I do think the new R6 is a fine looking sportbike.

When Moto GP goes to 800cc I wonder if anyone will make street versions in that displacement? The R .8? It'd be fast and light. 8)

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
I can't get used to the looks of the new R6's air intake, or the little winglets... but MotoGP has really brought that mid/side exhaust into fashion, eh?

D'ya think they'll have the 50th Anniversary colors on 51st year bikes?

:)

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
WAS in a St. Louis dealership.

meanies. :p

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Yes. He said he had to answer 1000 times about what year it was. Retail magic. ;)

(but now I owe him a :ale: )

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Just read the articles in Cycle World and Motorcyclist about the new R1. They didn't have any performance numbers yet but the technology bleeding over from Moto GP sounds impressive on paper. Variable length intake, 178hp, throttle by wire, standard slipper clutch, possible traction control in the future.

I'm wondering how all this will affect riding enjoyment, either positively of negatively.

It sure looks like it would be fun, esp. on the track.

Glenn

·
Registered
949 Posts
The 2007 R1 specs are impressive. I find it interesting that since Suzuki's initial show of the 07 GSXR 1000 in September there's been not one further squeak from Suzuki. Wouldn't mind betting that they dip into the future years upgrade program and add a variable inlet or some other techno wizardry to try and "over-spec" the 07 GSXR1000 on the 07 R1.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
The new suki has a 3 way handlebar switch which has something to do with the ignition & injection setting, IWT the high state of tune must be effecting the low to midrange.

The future R1 will have VVT as well which will be needed as the BHP figures are getting very high along with the RPM.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I know it's probably a rehash of the manufacturers PR puff but here's some blurb about the R1 and theGixxer

As has been pointed out the Suzuki specs seem to omit the power output. Could be they are waiting for Yamaha before making some final tweaks to the ECU map.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I would be physically sick if I owned an 06 right now. :(

Liquidshit-stirrer do you know of anyone stuck
with the "Old" technology, obsolete, dated, Harleyesque
version of the R1? :mrgreen:

·
Registered
949 Posts
Hey thats a very positive write-up. Suzuki had better ante-up if the're gonna stay in the game - deafening silence out of them at the moment.

Pluric, tweak that boy's tail a little for the rest of us too!

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
@Lenz, are you kidding? I'm flying below his radar.
I've seen what a "Flamer" liquid can be (in a non sexual context of course)
Jury is still out in any other type of context.
I live in fear that he will discover I have two scooters
that don't have a manual clutch. Dooh, I said it. :eek:

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
You guys... :lol:

The '07 makes me *proud* to own an '06! :D

They're aggressively competing in a tight game... and they're not making the model heavier, slower, and more 'novice-friendly' at the expense of performance, like some models we know. ;)

I'm not in love with the '07's aesthetics, yet... and I'm very infatuated with my Marchies and Ohlins on the LE... but I'm still happy with improvements to the breed.

If you guys caught a ride on the LE... you might wonder how it could get better. :D

(catch a plane here and you each can take a test ride. I'll cover the tire wear)

- - - -

You know, it really is pretty silly for me to keep hanging around this site, isn't it. I traded my last FJR a little over a year ago. Guys that know me, and ride with me, know I love to laugh and talk bikes... but it just seems like there's not much sense of humor here anymore, aside from a few. Oh well.

Peace. Out.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
No,No,No please tell me it's just a moment of weakness.
You have way too much to offer to this site despite some
thin skinned members who don't appreciate your insight.

Of course I speak of jealousy of your 06. I could never do a bike
like that justice. Maybe in the good old days.

Is that enough groveling?, my knees are starting to hurt. :lol:

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Oh, no... I didn't mean the funning about the R1 stuff! I love that stuff! :D

The red-cheeks around here lately are starting to become a hemorrhoid... and I think I'm finally feeling the 'itchy boots' that many of my original 'hoon' riding buds felt as they bowed out. :?

I'm just thinking I might need to make my Blackberry's home page something different for a spell.

I'll check back in once in a while, and heck... I have yours and my buds' emails from in here... so I'll be around. :D

Be safe. :D

·
Registered
949 Posts
Liquidsilver said:
..............You know, it really is pretty silly for me to keep hanging around this site, isn't it. I traded my last FJR a little over a year ago. Guys that know me, and ride with me, know I love to laugh and talk bikes... but it just seems like there's not much sense of humor here anymore, aside from a few. Oh well.

Peace. Out..........
Now now mate, we mustn't sulk and skulk off into the distance muttering of dark and poisonous thoughts.........it will only make you feel icky in the stummick and you will want to flog the crap out of poor teddy (again).

Interesting that even though there was an enormous difference in points of view and relative importance (to me anyway) on the climate change / global warming thread, discussion was quite lively and it didn't really go past expressing opinions and comment on supporting information (devolved a little into that morass called "politics" though). Perhaps our real passions are our bikes and the nature of passions is that they are the doors to the emotions - sometimes the doors are opened - and shit gets out.

For me the more I learn, the greater the understanding of how much more there is to know. Science and understanding is just dying to prove itself wrong!...............ahh shit - drifted into FIGJAM country again (Fu#k I'm Good, Just Ask Me)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts