FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I entered this just for the sake of it, you never know

http://optin.yme.com/ws/newsletter/april2006/english/1.asp

And I won a trip to Silverstone next weekend! ooh2.gif Got an e-mail today asking me the name of the person I'll be taking and asking for my mobile number. So, anyone up North fancy going? Will mean travelling down Saturday staying overnight and a late arrival back on Sunday. I'll probably end up taking the car as the FJR needs a new rear tyre so more than happy to pick someone up on the way and drop you off at home on the way back.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

It's an almost free trip to Silverstone (all you have to pay for is your accommodation - e.g. £47 Premier Travel Inn and no you don't have to share) and you get this!

Yamaha Motor Europe is offering one lucky reader the chance to attend a European round* of the Superbike World Championship as a VIP guest of the Yamaha Motor Italia team. In addition to watching an action packed day of racing from some of the best seats in the house, the winners will be wined and dined in the team's award winning hospitality, given a VIP tour of the team's garage and a meet and greet with riders Noriyuki Haga and Andrew Pitt. A VIP pack containing a T-shirt, cap and event programme will give you a permanent reminder of this special day to take away with you.

If you're free this weekend send me a PM!

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Ian, does it include travel from your nearest capital city. If so, I could leave Brisbane on Thursday and see you Friday morning :lol: . Sounds great - have fun.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry David, travel isn't included but I have a taker!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the racing was good with 2 seconds for Nori and a 5th in race 1 and 4th in race 2 for Andrew Pitt.

Not so convinced about the hospitality though. We were pretty much left to our own devices and had to find our own seats wherever we could. Yes we had lunch with the team but we weren't actually introduced to the riders. Yes we got a cap and a t-shirt (too small) but no programme. We did get a tour of the garage and a pit lane walkabout (well half a pit lane walkabout as the guy looking after us turned up late).

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Ian, seeing as the hospitality didn't include flying me over, I 'slummed it' by watching live on (cable) TV, complete with my own hospitality (Port and Nibblies - I mean, they were racing at 9pm :mrgreen: ). Spectacular 1st corner incident in race 1. Did you get to see Barros the 'fire-jumper'. Amazing that they all walked away.

Track is very tight in places, and bumpy too. Those guys have my respect - they are crazy-quick.

Nori rode brilliantly, but what can anyone do to catch Bayless :shock:

This some video here: http://www.worldsbk.com/indext.html

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Didn't see it first hand as I was at Woodcote (the chicane before the pit straight). Saw it on the big screen though.

Practice and superpole on Saturday were certainly interesting in the wet with all of the riders fishtaling out of Woodcote onto the pit straight. How those guys manage to keep it upright on those conditions at those speeds is just amazing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts