FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the bike (05) for a month now and love it. I actually made the decision to get an FJR 2-1/2 yrs. ago. But, family circumstances made it impossible to get the bike. My mom was diagnosed with brain cancer and in '02 she passsed away. I had sold my Honda to focus on other things. Lost job in '04 and also was taking care of my dad who had Alzheimer's. He passed away at the end of '05.

Through all this I kept reading the forums and all of you kept me involved and from going insane with what was happening in my life. I have been riding since I was 17 and had thought I would not be able to continue. But, through your interaction on both forum boards, I stayed tuned into my life.

Thanks to all of you, especially Warchild, whose enthusiasm for riding and for helping others kept me focused on doing the thing I always wanted (needed) to do- RIDE!

Hope to see you out on the road.

-Blitzer

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Good on ya, Blitzer. Ride safe.

:)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hello Blitzer
I am in the same boat. Mother died in 02 of cancer and my father has Alzheimer's an does not recognize me anymore. I am the only suviving sibling and it is tough sometimes. I puchased an 06 fjr and am a waiter. I have another bike that I ride for now and I find that helps clear my mind. The other activity I do that helps is hiking. Life does throw some curves so I just decided to enjoy it while I'm here.

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Hi Blitzer, and welcome. Many of us know the feeling in our own way. Glad to hear that you have the bike now. Ride safe, and lot's of us 'ride with you'.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Welcome Blitzer. Hope the bike is all you hoped for. Hope you find a little peace going down the road with the FJR bars in your hands.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts