FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 FJR
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing a quality product but had to chuckle at part of the description that boasted the “solid steel tubing.”

·
Registered
189 Posts
maybe they’re using that special kind of tubing that doesn’t have a hole down the center.😬

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Like Chevy slogan "Like a Rock"...it just sounds like a very durable and solid product.

Anything sounds better then "Solid steel with a hole in it"

·
Registered
2006 FRJ1300A
47 Posts
Those naughas are rare creatures, indeed. Indigenous only to a small island off the coast of Antarctica. Now an endangered species, vinyls are farmed to replace the high naugha demand...

Reactions: RERJr

·
Registered
84 Posts
Like the pipe specifications I used to refer to when I was a pipeline inspector :rolleyes:

1. All pipe is to be made of a long hole, surrounded by metal centered around the hole.
2. All pipe is to be hollow throughout the entire length.
3. All pipe is to be of the very best quality, preferably tubular or pipular.
4. All acid-proof pipe is to made of acid-proof metal.
5. The O.D. (outside diameter) of the pipe MUST EXCEED the I.D. (inside diameter) otherwise the hole will be on the outside of the pipe.
6. All pipe is to be supplied with nothing inside the hole so water, steam, or other stuff can be put inside the pipe at a later date.
7. All pipe is to be supplied without rust, as this can be more readily put on at the job site.
8. All pipe is to be free of any covering such as mud, tar, barnacles or any form of manure before putting up, otherwise it will make lumps under the paint.
9. All pipe over 500 feet in length must have the words "Long Pipe" clearly painted on each end so the fitter will know it is a long pipe.
10. Pipe over two miles long must also have "Long Pipe" painted in the middle so the fitter will not have to walk the entire length of the pipe to determine if it is a long pipe or not.
11. All pipes over six inches in diameter is to have the words "Large Pipe" painted on so the fitter will not use it for a small pipe.
12. All pipe closures are to be open on one end.
13. All pipe fittings are to be made of the same stuff as the pipe.
14. Pipe specified as "Straight Pipe" shall not have fittings within its length, otherwise it becomes "Crooked Pipe."

·
Premium Member
CBF1000 VFR800
8,279 Posts
I'm stealing that, Griff!! Love it.

·
Premium Member
3,295 Posts
Griff, I hadn't hear all of those, however, I'd like to point out that #13 is not a no-brainer. In the wrong environment, mixing steel and brass can have unfortunate consequences.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Griff, I hadn't hear all of those, however, I'd like to point out that #13 is not a no-brainer. In the wrong environment, mixing steel and brass can have unfortunate consequences.
JohnC - yeah you're right. Oh well, but I have seen material specs that were written about like this one. 😁

1 - 12 of 12 Posts