FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a tank cover .After riding this past Sunday the insides off my legs looked like they had been cooked. I did find the ones from the site very nice. They appear to be only in the UK.Is this true? Help!!!! :? :? :?

·
Registered
113 Posts
What do you mean only in the UK? www.bikejohnny.com sells world wide and has excellent service.

If you have an '06, double check fitment before ordering. There are some differences between the '04/05 tanks and the '06 one.

There are also various heat mods that help the tank heat. The simplist is to just put some foil backed insulation under the tank. It has some already, but more will make a noticable difference as many have reported. Use the Search ability here and search for "heat mods" or "tank heat".

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tank heat

ocfjr: thanks for the info. the "funny" pricing threw me. when the tank gets back down to needing a drink i will install the heat shield.i will also be ordering a tank cover and bag for it,once again thanks for your help. dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
tank cover

I found that Tucker-Rocky is carrying the second-look tank bra again, but it's made by another company who purchased the rights to make. Not a bad price, but they don't make a 2005 black with blue trim. I have a black/black model. it's only been installed for a couple of weeks now, but is what I have been wanting. Simple tank bra like my Katana had. I post a pic not chance I have.

Dave

·
Registered
51 Posts
second look has half and whole tank bras for the 06. according to roger at second look they have a blue and silver one, but will make one in your choice of materials. M.B.D.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts