FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 2 weeks ago I saw an Ad. for a tail light module, now cannot find it.
If anyone can help here?
Module was a 2 wire deal (1 in, 1 out -- real simple)
made your tail lights (when brake was applied) give 2 or 3 flashes then a steady "on"
It repeated this pattern (2 or 3 flashes then a steady on) all the time the brake was applied.
Anyone know what I talk about, or where my eyes playing tricks on me?

I've searched back issues of all my mags -- to no avail. Also searched this forum.
I know it's not the "Priority lites" or "Integrator kit" -- too many wires & options.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I seem to remember reading a thread about a unit you could add that did this I think that it was called a back off unit. Hope this helps you

Oh and I think Warchild might have something on fjrtech.com

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys,
I saw the "backoff modulator" and that's a good alternative, but not the article I remember reading.
All that was needed was the modulator itself, and it did it's work with your own brake lights - no additional led's to install.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK Tonto & Rabbit
I'm wrong, you are right :D
This is the article I saw - the addition of the LED's confused me a little. Guess you don't have to add those, but a better idea anyway.
Thanks - now I can quit the search :)

·
Registered
737 Posts
RogDeb said:
Thanks guys,
I saw the "backoff modulator" and that's a good alternative, but not the article I remember reading.
All that was needed was the modulator itself, and it did it's work with your own brake lights - no additional led's to install.
I installed both, the "BackOff" modulator for the OEM break lights and a set of led's that also modulated. 8)

·
Super Moderator
3,980 Posts
http://www.bikes-n-spikes.org/mods/hyper/hyper.html

imho the existing lights back there are minimal at best. start flicking them off and on and you reduce the already few lights that are on at any given time. i added the hyper-lights because they add more lights, add very little extra load to the charging system, modulate, AND are danged bright!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts