FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you heard of SYNC THE PLANET?

I first heard of it in 2015 and immediately loved the idea, mainly because riders will participate at the SAME time all over the world. So, I'm here to spread the word and to ask you guys to join and tell all your friends about it. For more info, see the new promo video on you tube. It should answer most questions.

IF you have more questions, go to their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/synctheplanetride/

There are always riders from different countries looking for someone to do this ride with so check it out and if you plan on riding, let them know so you guys can ride together.

There is a guy that intends to do a live Youtube video of his ride but, it seems that he must have 1000 subscribers to be allowed to do it so please, subscribe to his channel at: https://www.youtube.com/user/Buttfink1

Tell your friends and go ride guys. It's an awesome idea.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Never heard of it before? I am a bit of a skeptic but there is almost no info, mission statement etc on the facebook page. I would like to know more about the event.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
I still don't know anything about this event having read the Facebook page other than people are planning to ride on August 5. And there is something on YouTube. But you lost me when you can't put it into written words and expect me to watch your video.

·
Registered
299 Posts
There is a good chance I'll be riding that day...or the day after...or the day before...

Reactions: GuitarDave

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,350 Posts
My initial thought was: if you have gone through all this trouble to try to encourage people to ride their own motorcycles it must be tailored toward the cruiser crowd.

·
Registered
299 Posts
My initial thought was: if you have gone through all this trouble to try to encourage people to ride their own motorcycles it must be tailored toward the cruiser crowd.
ok, reading that caused an audible snort ;-)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Never heard of it before? I am a bit of a skeptic but there is almost no info, mission statement etc on the facebook page. I would like to know more about the event.
What would you like to know Steve?

Sorry for not being back earlier, I haven't been able to log back in :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's not. Any bike, even scooters and I've even heard people asking if they can do this on bicycles. Yeah, it might sound ridiculous to some but
the only purpose of this ride is to unite in a synchronized ride around the world and show that we can unite no matter the nationality, race, religion, etc.

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,350 Posts
It's not. Any bike, even scooters and I've even heard people asking if they can do this on bicycles. Yeah, it might sound ridiculous to some but the only purpose of this ride is to unite in a synchronized ride around the world and show that we can unite no matter the nationality, race, religion, etc.
No worries, I get the idea but I'm a skeptic at heart. To each his own- go for it!!

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Thoughts?
I find efforts like this, faux demonstrations of unity, to be a waste of time. Nothing will be accomplished, nobody's life will be improved and a day later it will be forgotten. Sure, go for a ride, why not, but don't do it for the sake of nonexistent unity with some guy in Azerbaijan, Argentina or Scotland.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Warning!

Just read this old post. If this all-ride-on-one-special-day idea is still in play: *WARNING* *MAJOR PROBLEM* We, the enlightened FJR riders, must not participate because if by some twist of timing and fate we all are accelerating hard heading in the same direction, the world will either spin faster, slower or tilt on its axis...bringing about the end of the our planet quite quickly.
Sure, the slower, untorquey bikes can do this, but we better stay home. Safety First!!:nerd::laugh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts