FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

As a new owner of a wonderful FJR1300A 05', I would really like to catch up with a bunch of other FJR owners.

As I am located on the Central Coast of NSW (Gosford Area), a Sydney location (or outside of Sydney) would be the best place to start.

Maybe later we can make it a more "National" event.. (much like the State of Origin).

Please let me know if you would be interested.

My aim?...to get more info about the FJR, mods, servicing, etc...and of course some fun.

how about a weekend in Feb?

Rgds
Dave

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hi welcome to the FJR Family.

I live in newcastle and I would be willing to meet with you for a ride. There are a few FJR ownes in Sydney JWM and Jimdavo, I think they are still posting on this site.

Best wishes
Wayne

·
Registered
307 Posts
That sounds like a good excuse for a ride. Work out the time, date and location and let's take it from there.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Group Ride in March/April

8) Hello everyone, I just bought a '05 FJR and live in Wollongong, if anyone is interested I organise rides south of Sydney for Yamaha Tribe and throught the XJR1300 owners Yahoo site.
Currently still recovering from writing off the XJR '04 I had but will be posting rides swithin the next couple of weeks for anyone interested

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Hi and welcome si. Check the State of Origin thread too - late April.

·
Registered
55 Posts
future rides

For anyone interested Steve Reeves from Yamaha Tribe is thinking to organise 3 rides next year after the success of the Dubbo weekend away, were I met up with jwm and Karl.
Idea is to have one each half way between Sydney and Brisbane, Coffs Harbour has been sugested, another at Bega on the south coast half way between Melbourne at Sydney and another out west again, a friend of mine has just taken over lease on a Pub at Narrabri so will put the idea to Steve and see what he thinks, what dose anyone think as such, any takers willing to turn up. 8)

·
Registered
307 Posts
How are things going Stuart? The half way rides sound good, as does another ride out west. I just hope those riders on the FJR's that went to Dubbo and were doing rediculous speeds don't show up again!
Hopefully catch up with you at the Snowy Ride in a couple of weeks time.

Jwm

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
@si144r - sounds fair enough for the additional meets, but we already have a State of Origin meet scheduled for March, with a possible 4 to 5-day ride before that. Read the existing threads. This State of Origin concept goes back to 2003, and has been held regularly and mostly twice a year since the first one in Urunga in September 2003.

Then the regulars may also make the MotoGP late next year our second State of Origin meet - same as last year (this year was ruled out because they brought the GP forward).

So, reinventing the wheel - namely a get together halfway between Sydney and Brissie - won't necessarily result in a better wheel. We're doing it already with the NSW & Qld guys.

As regards the one in Bega, and out west, keep us posted and there may be some takers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts