FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Obviously, until the bike is available to test fit, no one knows for sure, but it is my best guess that the current "gull-wing" Superbrace will NOT fit the 2006 model.

The front fender on the 2006 model has been completely re-designed, and just by comparing the photos on the Yamaha web site, I'm pretty sure the bottom "gull-wing" portion of the brace would strike the top of the 2006 fender.

Also, the FJR has new forks for 2006, so there's that to consider, as well.

Still, I think Superbrace will probably design a 2006-specific brace some time after the bike is available.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, since the Group Buy signup period expired on January 1st (see first two posts in this thread), I'm guessing they are now back up to their retail price.

IIRC, the GB price was $145.95, which was something like $58 less than retail.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ditto what Pierre said! Just missed the GB... guess I was too busy to check the board last year. :( Anyway, someone beat me over the head the next time it comes around!

Duff

·
Registered
20 Posts
Rear shock Group Buy

How about another group buy on a rear shock. There must be more in need (like me) by now. Anybody interested? Is everyone satisfied with the Wilburs that was on the last group buy?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Group buy for a Sargeant Seat

I don<t know how a group buy works but I wonder if we could do one for a new seat.

:idea:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wilburs group buy

Thanks, WC. I'm looking forward to getting in on this one. Which shock did most people get, the 640 or 641?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Wilburs group buy

crtnrds said:
Thanks, WC. I'm looking forward to getting in on this one. Which shock did most people get, the 640 or 641?
Really depends on how you ride your bike and what you expect out of your shock. The 640 shock is a significant improvement over stock, and does the job for a good percentage of folks (and it's what I have, in fact.)

The 641 takes it a step further. In addition to the 640 features, it also allows you to adjust high-speed and low-speed compression damping, so you can really "dial-in" your suspension to the nth degree if you take the time to do so.

Here's a good discussion going on here regarding the shock options: ==> Wilbers GB discussion on shocks

·
Super Moderator
3,948 Posts
sorta on topic.

the Russell group buy has been happening every year in december; the slow part of the year for Russell.

watch the boards closely if you're willing to wait until the 2007 group buy. the savings is worthwhile, but i don't know if i'd put it off for a whole year just to save a few bucks. the improvement is too significant.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts